NC Weekly Announcements
Nohl Canyon Roadrunners
Growth Mindset Parent Information Night
In a nutshell, recent research has shown that there are two different mindsets:
- Fixed Mindset - People with fixed mindsets believe that intelligence and/or talent are fixed traits. They are all about showing intelligence instead of growing/developing it. They believe that talent or intelligence alone (and not effort) creates success.
- Growth Mindset - These people believe that basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. Brains or talent may be a starting point, but hard work and curiosity "grows" intelligence. They have a love of learning and are known for their grit and resilience. The result is an excitement about/for challenges and learning new things.
Join us as we learn more as a community. All interested parents are invited: Thursday night, February 18th @ 6:00 p.m. in Nohl Canyon's TLC.
California Gold Ribbon Schools Program Visitation
You may remember that Nohl Canyon was recognized as a Distinguished School two years ago. The Distinguished School Program honors public schools that showed improved student outcomes as measured through standardized testing/reporting and additional measures. The California Gold Ribbon School Program recognizes educational quality of schools with the implementation of academic content and performance standards for all students.
- Wednesday, 2/10 - CVMS Information Night (for 6th Grade Families) - 7:00 in the Auditorium
- Wednesday, 2/10 - Dad's Club Meeting - 6:30 p.m. @ Buffalo Wild Wings
- Thursday, 2/11 - Class Valentine's Day Parties - OK to wear red
- Friday, 2/12 & Monday, 2/15 - Presidents' Day Holidays - NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, 2/18 - Growth Mindset - Parent Info Event
- Monday, 2/22 - School Site Council Meeting (Safe School Plan)
- Monday, 2/22 - Jump Rope for Heart pledges due (Puppies will be given out by Student Council on 2/23-2/25)
- Thursday, 3/24 - Cyberbullying & Internet Safety - Parent Info Event
- Friday, 3/25 - CIRCUS, CIRCUS ~ SCHOOL CARNIVAL! *Take note that this date is a week later than the initial, 3/18 date on our annual calendar.
Jump Rope for Heart
Host Families Needed by Anaheim Sister City Commission
School Holidays - NO SCHOOL
There will be no school Friday, 2/12, or Monday, 2/15, in honor of the Presidents Day holidays.
Dad's Club Meeting
Our Dads will be meeting this Wednesday, 2/10, at 6:30 p.m. at the Buffalo Wild Wings at the Orange Mall. Join them and support your child's school!
Valentines Day Parties
Most classrooms will have their Valentines Day parties this Thursday. Students may wear jeans for Denim Day and red and/or Valentines Day attire for the day.