End of Year 2 Newsletter
11th July 2014
What have we done this week?
- Celebration of work with mums and dads
- Transfer morning to Year 3
- Watched the FS Sing-a-Long
- Learnt about coordinates and plotted the locations of football players on a pitch
- Taken part in a World Cup assembly and performed our Year 2 Acrostic Poem
- World Cup Day with lots of different activities in KS1 - round robin
The Last Week
- We will not be issuing any further reading books this term, in order that an inventory of existing books can be taken. Please ensure that all reading books are in school by Tuesday 15th July at the latest. Thanks!
- School finishes at 12 noon on Friday - please inform the office of any planned absences next week
- Please bring a named carrier bag to school on Tuesday so that we can start sending work home
- Please check the lost property boxes as there are numerous jumpers and PE items in them that have come from Year 2
- A big thank you to all parents and children - we have had a brilliant year and the children have made fantastic progress. We wish everyone happy and safe holidays and good luck in Year 3!
Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school every day. As long as the warm weather continues, it is also advisable to apply sunscreen to your child and provide them with a (named) hat. Many thanks for your support in this.
Please check the Gateway for details of the upcoming events.