Big Lake Elementary Newsletter
SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
SCHOOL INFO FOR YOU
PARENTS RIGHT TO KNOW
Please see the letter below or on our website at www.matsuk12.us/ble
PARKING LOT 5 MPH
Please watch for children when entering and exiting the parking lot. The speed is 5 MPH. The parking lot is one way, enter and drive in the lane closest to the building, drive around the end, and exit by the electronic sign.
Please drive slowly and watch out for our students.
We have been learning about non-fiction books. Just about everyone 2nd-5th grades should be done with their STAR testing where they are learning their reading range.
Reminder to 1st-5th grades to get those Library Letters signed and returned!
Students are encouraged to read 20-30 minutes every night to improve reading levels.
You have probably had questions about the E-Mail notifications regarding Care Dox. These notifications are coming from District Office. Care Dox is a program that helps each nurse take care of your children here at school. On this program you give me consent for certain medication such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough drops, and Tums. Also this site gives me information that is helpful for me to take care of your child. This includes whether they have an allergy to food or medications and if they need to take medication here at school. Without this information I cannot give your child any medication, and if I cannot get a hold of you then your child has to wait to get relief from a fever or a headache for example.
I hope that this answers any questions regarding this site. Please feel free if you have any questions to call 892-9705 or e-mail the nurse at email@example.com
Here is the list of concert dates for the year. Please call or email Mrs. Hardman with any questions.
October 17th - Combined Choir Concert at Houston Middle School at 6:30pm
November 9th - Veteran's Day Celebration
December 12th - Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade Concert at 6pm
December 14th - 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade (including band and choir) Concert at 6pm
February 13th - Combined Band Concert at Houston Middle School at 6:30pm
April 24th - District Wide Elementary Honor Music Festival at Palmer High School at 7pm
May 8th - Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade Concert at 6pm
May 10th - 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade (including band and choir) Concert at 6pm
PTO MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Trunk or Treat Committee Meetings: Tuesdays 9/26/17, 10/10/17 and 10/24/17 4pm in Rm 11 Upstairs
- Fall Festival: Fridays 9/15/17, 9/29/17 and 10/13/17 4pm in the School Library
- Turkey Trot Committee Meeting Thurs 9/21/17 4pm in Rm 21 (Upstairs)
- Next meeting 10/4/17 4pm School Library
- *All parents are welcome to attend*
- Membership Drive happening next week!!!
Exciting upcoming Events!
- Fall Festival 10-27-17. Volunteers are needed now. Contact Maria Abada 315-0115
- Trunk or Treat 10-31-17. Business sponsors and volunteers needed to decorate a vehicle trunk and pass out treats. This event is held outside at the Big Lake Lions Recreation Center. Contact Taleen Lundale 351-6966