Woodcrest Spanish Immersion
October 7, 2020 Newsletter
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
Greetings Woodcrest Families,
It is hard to believe that we are coming up on fall break already. As you are aware, there is no school for students next week, Oct. 12-16. We look forward to having your students back in class Monday, October 19.
For fall parent/teacher conferences, you will be contacted by your homeroom teacher to schedule a conversation that will take into consideration the busy schedules of both parents and teachers and connect us safely. In the spirit of Juntos Es Mejor/Better Together, we are committed to providing ongoing, personalized communication with parents that amplifies the necessary partnership between school and home that is focused on the success of each child.
If your student is attending in Modified Campus on B days (Tuesdays and Fridays) please mark November 3, Election Day, on your calendars for an at home learning day. In addition to getting out and voting, we will be having a school-wide learning at home day. Woodcrest has the honor of being an election polling place. Given the potential for large crowds and other activity surrounding the election, we will learn from home and prioritize health and safety. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
We continue to review and adjust our protocols to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment for students and staff participating in Modified Campus. Additionally, we continue to monitor Anoka County 14-day COVID-19 case rates. Last week, in data we receive weekly from the Minnesota Department of Health, Anoka County was reporting 20.78 cases per 10,000. This places our learning model firmly in the state’s guidance for Modified Campus (hybrid) at all grade levels (20-30 cases per 10,000).
We will continue to look to the future, closely monitoring case data and following guidance in the Minnesota Safe Learning Plan. We ask that our entire community continue to follow public health guidance to help support our schools in remaining open.
I hope that you and your family have the opportunity to take a few deep breaths during Fall Break and relax with one another. We look forward to having everyone back to learning October 19.
Mark your calendar: Picture days are coming
We will have multiple days for school pictures to accommodate students in our Modified Campus (hybrid) and Extended Flexible Learning (distance learning) models. Mark your calendars for student pictures to be taken at school:
- Monday, October 19 – Students in Group A (Modified Campus – hybrid)
- Tuesday, October 20 – Students in Group B (Modified Campus – hybrid)
- Wednesday, November 11 – Students in Extended Flexible Learning (distance learning). We will provide more information about the schedule for this day and health and safety precautions in the next few weeks.
Meals available during fall break through a one-day curbside pickup event
Meal services will continue at Spring Lake Park Schools during fall break, October 12-16, through a one-day curbside pickup event where families will receive five days' worth a meals for the week.
Here are the details:
- Date - Monday, October 12
- Location - Spring Lake Park High School, door #32
- Times - 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Menu Details - Families will be given five days' worth of meals, both breakfast and lunch. The package will include cereal, fruits, vegetables, milk and frozen entrees with a cooking instruction insert. Entrees are cheese pizza, cheese bread, corn dog (chicken), cheese and bean burrito and cheese calzone.
- October 12-16: No School for students
- October 19- Picture Day for students in Group A
- October 20- Picture Day for students in Group B
- November 3- Election Day-no students in building
- November 11 - Picture Day for students in Extended Flexible Learning. See Need to Know section for more details.
In case you missed important information from last week's newsletter, check out the topics below and click to learn more.
- Media permission and directory information
- Help keep classrooms safe: Avoid peanut/nut products in snacks and lunches
- Apply Now: the Free or Reduced-Price Meal Benefits Deadline is Approaching
- Procedures for Close Contact, Illness and Notification COVID-19 fact sheet
- Fall Community Ed Programs Available for Registration
- Registration is open for Early Childhood Family Education Classes
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
Translate This Newsletter / Traducir Este Boletín
To translate this newsletter information to another language, please click anywhere on the newsletter to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir este boletín de noticias a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del boletín para abrir el boletín en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.