You are not alone!
“When you feel like giving up, just remember the reason why you held on for so long.” – Unknown
Bullying is a major problem in alot of school in Canada. "Bully-related suicide can be connected to any type of bullying, including physical bullying, emotional bullying, cyberbullying, and sexting, or circulating suggestive or nude photos or messages about a person."
Things to do
- Take all talk or threats of suicide seriously. Don’t tell the person they are wrong or that they have a lot to live for. Instead, get them immediate medical help.
- Keep weapons and medications away from anyone who is at risk for suicide. Get these items out of the house or at least securely locked up.
- Parents should encourage their teens to talk about bullying that takes place. It may be embarrassing for kids to admit they are the victims of bullying, and most kids don’t want to admit they have been involved in bullying. Tell victims that it’s not their fault that they are being bullied and show them love and support. Get them professional help if the bullying is serious.
“Suicide doesn’t end the chances of life getting worse, it eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better.” – Unknown
How To Avoid Depression And Suicidal Thoughts After A Breakup:
1) Voice your feelings to someone close. Avoid bottling up your emotions.
2) Don’t beg him/her to get back again. If he/she has decided to move on, don’t become desperate to get back.
3) Avoid wallowing.
4) Throw away all photographs and mementos of being together.
5) If there was a ring involved, give it back.
6) Read about current affairs. You will understand how many people are suffering all over the world. Your heartbreak will sound petty when you compare those suffering from famines, floods and terrorist bombings.
7) Focus your mind on your career.
Get involved in family matters and look after those who need your support.
9) Take part in a charity drive.
10) Don’t hate all men/women because you had fallout with one man/woman.
“The real reason for not committing suicide is because you always know how swell life gets again after the hell is over.” – Ernest Hemingway