Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
April 20, 2015
- Thank you very much for all of the birthday wishes, cards, and gifts last week! It was appreciated!
- April book orders will be due Friday, April 24. I am only putting in 2 more orders (April and May). This is a great time to stock up on books for summer reading!
- There is NO homework this week due to testing. However, there is a post-test in social studies on Friday morning. This cumulative test (of all social studies units) is not for a grade in the grade book, but needs to be given for teacher-student data collection purposes. A review sheet will be sent home on Wednesday night for students to study for 2 nights.
- The PARCC tests for math are Thursday, April 23 and Friday, April 24.
- We are having an informal "Game Day" on Friday afternoon for about an hour, to celebrate the end of reading and math standardized testing. Students may bring a favorite board game, card game, or electronic game to school to play with the other students in our class. Snacks are appreciated but not required. Thanks!
- The entire fourth grade is taking a field trip to Hale Farm on Wednesday, April 29. Permission slips went home last week; the form and the money are due ASAP.
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
This week's VIP is Mary!
Thank you Ember for being our Teacher Helper!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - We are wrapping up our geometry unit. The geometry test will probably take place late next week (I delayed it due to PARCC testing). The 2 Math PARCC tests are April 23 and 24.
- Reading - Over the next month, we will finish our units about poetry and main idea/details.
- Writing - There are no spelling words this week due to PARCC testing. In writing, we will start a short research project about a topic of our choosing! We will end the year with persuasive writing.
- Social Studies/Science -- We will finish prepping for the Social Studies PARCC test (May 5th). We have also begun our final science unit - Electricity! The students and I are really enjoying it.