November 13, 2017
HAPPY AMERICAN EDUCATION WEEK!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a great week of school.
Happy American Education Week to you! PTO has several treats planned for you throughout the week and will serve breakfast on Friday. Enjoy your week!
Thank you for all that you do for the students at FHN. We are so lucky to have such an amazing staff!
- Congratulations to Mr. Stegemann and crew on organizing a wonderful inaugural Veterans Day Ceremony. It was awesome.
- Congratulations to the 78 athletes who were GAC All-academic. Good work.
- Congratulations to our CITW trainers on a great day of PD.
- Congratulations to Kristen Jobgen and Ryan Arnone on hosting a lunch and learn on sanctuary. Thanks for helping us to continue to learn.
Thank you to Anne McPartland, Marissa Cohen and Amy Stoker for presenting on our District PD Day. The time they spend planning and putting together meaningful PD is greatly appreciated.
A follow up for those who are new to CITW and have asked what QFIC means, if stands for Quality, Fidelity, Intensity, and Consistency.
We have a staff chat on 11/16/17. We will have desserts available for you. We look forward to talking to you about how to continue to improve our school.
This past week, Kristen Jobgen and Ryan Arnone presented to us on Sanctuary and Trauma. If you missed this presentation, you may view it by clicking on the link below:
The Homeroom Committee met this past week:
- Review current model
- What is working well?
- What do we like?
- What would be hard to give up/stop?
- Explore Options
- How should we do this?
- Gathering input/feedback
- Current suggestions from committee and others
- What can admin do to help support this?
- Gather feedback/input from departments/colleagues
- Come with suggested Student and Staff survey items to put together
- Talk to other schools/find out how they do homeroom
Next meeting date
- 12/12/17 after school, Main Office Conference Room
All compatible Windows computers will be upgraded to Windows 10 and Office 2016 during the 2017-18 school year. The upgrade allows us to take advantage of performance and security enhancements.
We are in the process of beginning this transition. All teachers will be able to sign up soon for their laptops to be updated. This takes about 3 hours per computer and we will provide you with a spare laptop while this occurs. We are planning on sending an online sign up form along with more information to help expedite this process. Please contact Chris Birch if you have any questions.
For more information about Windows 10 and Office 2016, the Technology and Communications departments created a useful video of some of the new features and changes to expect following the upgrade. Click here to view the training video.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
3. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
4. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
5. counting tardies consistently.