The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Monday, September 7th
Week of 9/6 - 9/12/2020
Monday, September 7th
- Labor Day - School Closed
Tuesday, September 8th
- PE Uniform for 3rd Grade
- 2:15pm: Cross Country Team dismissed from class
- 4:00pm: Sr. Volleyball Match at HHP
- 5:00pm - Cross Country Meet at Fripp Island
- 10:00am: School Mass
- 3:30pm: Cross Country Practice at Jarvis Creek
- 5:00pm: Sr. Volleyball Match at Bridges
- PE Uniform for 5th, 6th & 7th Grades
- 3:15pm - 4:15pm: Jr. Girls Volleyball Practice, School Gym
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Cross Country Practice, Jarvis Creek Park
Friday, September 4th
- PE Unifrom for 3rd & 5th Grades
4th & 5th Grade
We will play our first 2 games next week. We will compete against Hilton Head Prep on September 8th at 4:00pm, and Bridges Academy on September 9th at 5:00pm.
Here are the guidelines for spectators of both schools:
Hilton Hilton Prep
8 Fox Grape Road
Hilton Head Island, SC
September 8, 2020
These are outlined as follows:
- All fans shall wear face coverings upon arrival to the facility ( Field House) and at all times.
- A handwashing/sanitizing station at the entrance will allow fans to wash/sanitize their hands before admission to the event.
- The two rows directly behind the team bench areas will be blocked off and fans are prohibited from sitting in this area. This will allow the teams to have more room if needed and also physically distance the fans from the players.
- Fans shall be physically distanced from other fans who are not members of their household. Fans will need to sit in every other row (as marked).
- When moving around inside the facility (restroom, concessions), fans shall still wear face coverings at all times.
- Fans shall not go onto the playing court to talk with team members or coachwes before or after the match.
- Fans should exit the facility (Field House) immediately following the match while continuing to wear a face mask.
Please note that in accordance with region admission price guidelines, HHP will continue to charge adults $8.00 and non-Prep students $4.00 for all regular events.
1100 Boundary Street
Home Event Guidelines for Bridges Preparatory School Volleyball
Tickets Prices: $5 for adults, $2 for high school students and below
- 1. 2 Guests per athlete allowed in the gym; Each guest will sign in under the athlete associated with.
- 2. 150 person capacity including coaches, players, referee, etc. Walk-up tickets will be determined per game. Formula to do so: 150 - (x number of athletes/coaches per team + 2 tickets per home and away athlete) + referees & school personnel= Set number of walk-ups tickets (First come first serve)
- 3. All spectators must wear a mask (For sale for $2.00)
- 4. All spectators will be temperature checked. Anything over 100.4 will not be allowed in the gym. Oral temperature checks will be offered for multiple tests over 100.4
- 5. Seating will be taped- Non family members must stay 6 feet apart.
- 6. Additional seating options will be provided on stage and standing room only
- 7. The entrance and exit doors will be labeled and separate
- 8. No concessions to start the season. Will re-evaluate weekly. Outside drinks/snacks are permitted.
- 9. For multiple games, guests must wait outside until each game is over before entering for next… For example: If JV game is going on, varsity parents/attendees will wait until JV game is completely over to enter. Seating will be wiped down before each match.
- 10. No lockers rooms. Teams shall come dressed and ready.
- 11. No switching benches or shaking hands pre and/or post game.
- 12. Players & Coaches will wear mask while on bench and socially distance
- 13. No more than 3 people in restroom at once
- 14. Hand Sanitizing stations will be accessible.
- 15. There will be no gatherings on the court after the game. Parents must wait to gather and talk with the athletes until outside of the gym where proper social distancing can occur.
Cross Country Information
Our Cross Country Meet on Tuesday, September 8th will be vs. Beaufort Academy at Fripp. Starting time is 5:00 pm. The address is 300 Tarpon Blvd; Fripp Island, SC. Parents must stop at the gate and let the gate keeper know that you are a spectator for the Boys Cross Country Meet. This gate often gets backed up, so please give yourself plenty of time.
You may park at the beach club or tennis courts. A Beaufort Academy greeter will tell you how to access the beach. The restrooms are in the parking lot. Beaufort Academy asks that we not go through the pool area.
There will be no water supplied for the athletes, therefore, please make sure that your son has plenty of water in a bottle.
Since Fripp is a distance away, we will begin to call runners to the library at 2:15. I will walk them over to the gym and they will change into their cross country uniforms. My goal is for them to finish dressing by 2:30, and then leave SFCS at 2:30. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SON COMES TO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY WITH HIS UNIFORMS!
School Mass Live Stream for Wednesday, September 9th.
Thank You for Your Cooperation!
SPIRIT WEAR SALE AND HOODIE ORDERS
If you would like to order Spirit Wear, please email Megan Drescher at firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Pavlick at email@example.com Please include the items you would like, the sizes, your child's name, and grade. Send in your payment to the school office. Your Spirit Wear will be sent home with your child.
If you would like to order a hoodie, please fill out the order form below and send in to the school office with payment by Friday, September 18th.
Calling All Altar Servers!!!
The Parish is in need of more Altar Servers to help out during the weekend liturgies. If you would Mrs. Rzeczycki to make you active again, please let her know which mass you would like to be scheduled for:
4, 4:15, OR 5:30
7:30, 9:30, 9:45, 11:30
Please contact Mrs. Rzeczycki if your child is able to serve. firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Job Sam!!!
Sam Rembold, a John Paul II Catholic School sophomore, was recently elevated to Eagle Scout. Sam's Eagle Scout project was building a 14ft x 14ft paver patio with two benches around a flagpole at the Frogmore Airport on Lady's Island.
According to the Boy Scouts website: “Eagle Scout is the highest rank attainable in the Boy Scouting program of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). A Scout who attains this rank is called an Eagle Scout or Eagle. Since its introduction in 1911, the Eagle Scout rank has been earned by more than two million young men.”
Sam, a member of Troop 200 from Saint Peter's Catholic Church in Beaufort, chose this project after speaking with his father, Jon Rembold. "My dad is the airport director and he told me the flagpole needed a patio to make it look nice," he said. "Any pilot who flies into the airport will find the patio a nice place to rest and relax. The Civil Air Patrol often comes into the airport for training classes, so the patio is a good place for those sessions."
Part of the requirements for an Eagle Scout project is raising the needed funds. "I actually got all of the materials donated," said Sam. "I had to call, email, or visit local businesses in order to ask for their donations." The project took over 24 hours and was completed with the help of fellow Scouts and JPII classmates Jonathan Field, Aidan Tibbitt, Jack Brock, and Noah Brock '20 and their dads.
Palmetto Girls and Boys State Delegates Named
John Paul II Catholic School is happy to announce that three seniors, Taylor Michael, Neil Bunce, and Steven Schidrich, were chosen last spring as the 2020 representatives for the American Legion Palmetto Girls State and Boys State.
While the summer sessions were cancelled due to COVID-19, all delegates who completed the registration process were considered “selected delegates” for the 2020 session. "Though our student delegates were unable to attend, they were chosen to represent JPII based on their character, leadership skills, and a strong desire to be a part of Palmetto Girls and Boys State," according to Assistant Principal Heather Rembold. "The scholarship possibilities, as selected delegates, are extensive, and we are excited for all three of our students--Taylor, Neil, and Steven--as future leadership opportunities become available!"
- Saturday, August 29th - Updated Guidelines, 1st School Mass
- Friday, August 21st - Calendar, Guidelines and Procedures, Welcome Coach Weaver and Mrs. Coriolan, Hair Cuts, Hot Lunch, Sgt. Washington, Drop Off and Dismissal, Barricades, Sinks, Where do I go in the morning?, Mrs. Sweeney Welcome Back
- Saturday, August 15th - School Supply Drop Off, Back to School Paperwork, Change to School Access, Drop Off and Dismissal Procedures, Parent/ Student Handbook, Uniform Reminders, Middle School Laptop Fee, Login Info for ParentsWeb, FSA Info, SAC Info, Thrift Shop Needs