Converse's Team Update, Oct. 2
We are one team, with one mission, to be our best together!
Celebrations and "family/team" updates!!!!
- Join me in wishing happy birthdays to Teresa Cass on Tuesday, the 6th, and Bethany Peterson on Friday, the 9th. I bet Teresa is only a year or two older than Bethany. :) Happy birthday, ladies!
- Enjoy the pictures above. There are lots of good things going on at Converse Elementary!!!
- Thanks, Kristen, for providing training this week on Pathways to Progress! You are such a support to our reading services!
- What a great example of teamwork... we had a glitch in our first graders possibly "forgetting" procedures during lunch times and our teachers and recess assistants all worked together to have a much improved day yesterday! Thank you all, let me know if I need to be of other help.
- A GIGANTIC thanks to Amy Downing for filling in for two maternity leaves for us this fall. Today is her last "official" day. Make sure to join me in thanking her for her dedicated service to our school and students! We are very fortunate to have her. Also, this means to plan to welcome back Teairah on Monday!
Items in bold print are new to announcements.
- Sept./Oct. Lounge Clean up Crew: Kindergarten staff/1st grade staff
- All staff, if you haven't viewed the two health videos, please do so within the next week or two. Remember to initial the staff roster in the workroom when this is completed. Thanks! (The videos are: AED and Bloodborne pathogens.) They are located on the website under staff, employee health plan.
- There will be a Nelson’s Port-a-Pit Chicken dinner before the Oak Hill – Mississinewa varsity football game on Friday October 9th. The meals will be served at the high school cafeteria from4:30-6:30. Carry outs will also be available. Tickets are $10 through September 29th. All tickets purchased after September 29th will cost $12 per ticket. Tickets may be purchased from any Girl’s Basketball player in grades 7 through 12 as well as at the high school office. Come enjoy a great meal and help support your Lady Eagles Basketball Program!
- Two safety items... (1) Two panic buttons were installed last week. One under Katie's desk and one in the workroom. Both will immediately contact the fire and police stations. Anyone may use them if/when needed. The one in the workroom is behind the K-Time computer. (2) During a fire drill please remove the eraser from your door. You might put a big post it note on your classlist and crisis response guide that you take with you during an emergency. Thanks!
- Teachers, please try to get your goals in Standard for Success by Friday of next week. Thanks.
- Next Friday ends our first nine weeks. Grades need to be posted by the following Monday at noon so Katie can make sure they are ready to release to parents on Tuesday. Teachers, please make sure you know if any of your parents don't have internet access and need a printed copy of the report card. Thanks!
Videos for Professional Development
Click on the link below and view the video about using videos for professional development. They actually talk about using videos to professionally develop our students and parents about curriculum items like putting a video on your website about how we teach regrouping or our Word Workshop motions.??? Let me know if you want to play with this. I love the idea of making them "real" and not perfect. I am willing to help out if anyone wants to give it a try. I will videotape or do a cameo appearance for the right price. Remember we are a fail-safe environment this year when it comes to technology! That is why I offered to help. :)