Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of October 4th
Families, this is a very short, 4 question survey that will help us schedule information sessions.
Daily Heath Assessments - a friendly reminder from your school nurses to do your child's daily health assessment every morning before sending them to school each day. See flyer below for more details.
- Attendance Updates - please allow up to 24 hours for Colerain Staff to update daily attendance due to late busses
- "Colerain Elementary Family" Facebook Group - please join this group to stay in the loop on announcements and resources
- FREE COVID-19 Tests - your local Columbus Library continues to get supplies of FREE, at-home COVID-19 Tests. Reminder: you must use the app to work with a live person in order to get electronic test results that will be accepted by Colerain.
- September Feed-a-Friend - was a huge success! We were able to provide about two brown, paper sacks worth of food to 19 Colerain Families! Thank you to everyone involved and stay tuned for details on October Feed-a-Friend.
- Whetstone H.S. Homecoming Parade - Thursday, October 7th @ 4:30p - join us in walking in the parade! Colerain Students will be decorating a trailer at school that afternoon. This is a great way to meet other Colerain Families and get your steps in!
- ***NEW DATE: CCS Facilities Master Plan Meetings - Thursday, October 11th @ 6p - it's not too late to register. See section below for more details
- NO SCHOOL (Professional Development Day) - Friday, October 15th
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - November - more details will be shared soon. In the meantime, please review the "How to Prepare for Parent/Teacher Conferences" Presentation below for some tips on how to get the most out of these valuable conversations.
Staff Highlight - Stacy Dilts
Q: What is your role?
A: My official title is instrumental music specialist. I teach 4th and 5th grade strings and 5th grade band. I teach at four different schools.
Q: What is your responsibility?
A: I build relationships and, in the process, teach students to make music!
Q: What do you want families to know?
A: Learning a musical instrument takes practice and repetition. A few years ago, a parent told me that the greatest gift I gave her son was the understanding that it was okay to make mistakes. I teach teamwork, perseverance, and grace!
Q: Any hobbies/interests you would like to share?
A: I really enjoying riding my bicycle, camping, reading, and watching cooking shows (not cooking!)
CCS Facilities Master Plan
WE NEED YOUR VOICE! Please consider participating in this effort to re-image what our Columbus City Schools could look like!
Colerain is in REGION 4!!!
***NEW DATE: Phase 4 (Anticipate) - Thursday, October 11th @ 6p at Huy Elementary School
- Come and tour two CCS school facilities, on the same campus. One recently constructed, and another older construction. You will be asked to compare and contrast student-centered learning environments by using SurveyMonkey. Please come and help re-imagine our schools as world-class opportunities. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/9061
Phase 5 (Consider) - Monday, October 25th @ 6p at Centennial High School
- We need you to help rework the puzzle of each region to create equity for all. We will break into small groups and reassess what makes sense for you and the structure for your region. Come and share your thoughts and suggestions. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: tbd
Phase 6 (Transform) - Wednesday, December 1st @ 6p at Whetstone High School
We will evaluate the options created in the Phase 5 - Consider workshop. What are the pros and cons of each option? We will break into small groups and evaluate what option makes the most sense for your region. Come be a part of live decision making and consensus building. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: tbd
LSS 211- CONNECTING NEIGHBORS TO RESOURCES
Central Ohio Parent Leadership Training Institute - apply now for this FREE 20-week program to teach parents how to increase their involvement with their children, while promoting their lifelong health, safety and learning. Next session starts on October 9th.
- Charity Newsies Clothing Program - applications are open!
- Salvation Army Christmas Cheer & Toy Program - see flyer below for more details on how and where to apply for this program
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.