Why YOU should learn to type!
I promise you'll thank me!
Employers want you to know how to type?? No way!
Doing this can cause many problems with your wrists.
Once again, doing this while typing can cause serious problems! It can hurt your wrists, fingers and even your shoulders!
Typing with your hands in this position will stop you from developing problems in the future.
Some tips to help you, and your typing life!
- When placing your fingers in home room position, remember to have your wrist slightly raised and not resting on the table. This helps with correct keystroking.
- Sit straight and remember to keep your back straight.
- Keep your elbows bent at the right angle.
- Face the screen with your head slightly tilted forward.
- Keep at least 45 - 70 cm of distance between your eyes and the screen.
- Еxpose the shoulder, arm, and wrist muscles to the least possible strain. The wrists can touch the tabletop in front of the keyboard.
- Never shift your body weight to the wrists by resting on them.
"Learn How to Type Faster. 20 Touch Typing Tips and Techniques - Ratatype." Learn How to Type Faster. 20 Touch Typing Tips and Techniques - Ratatype. Web. 21 Jan. 2015. <http://www.ratatype.com/learn/>.
"Why It's Important to Learn How to Type Properly." TrainingZone.co.uk. Web. 21 Jan. 2015. <http://www.trainingzone.co.uk/blogs-post/why-its-important-learn-how-type-properly/183003>.
Lowe, Elizabeth . "Digital Citizenship Notes." Note taking. , . 19 Jan. 2015. Class Lecture.