Washington County Weekly 4-H Update
September 24, 2021
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS WEEK'S 4-H UPDATE...
- Washington County 4-H Calendar
- Next Chapter Workshops
- 4-H Premium Checks and Livestock Booster Fund Checks
- 4-H Items From State Fair and County Fair
- 2021 WCF Photos
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Achievement Applications
- Diamond Clover Awards
- State Fair Results
- Nebraska 4-H Foundation Charity Shoot
- Interested in Becoming a 4-H Judge?
- 2021 Trail Ride
- Other Statewide Events and Resources
*NEW OR UPDATED INFORMATION IS BOLDED!
October 9.................................................4-H State Rodeo
November 1...............Achievement Application/Clover Kid Record Books/Diamond Clover Due
December 5............................................Achievement Celebration
Washington County 4-H Calendar
Did you know that you can find the Washington County 4-H Calendar on our webpage? View just the month or download and print the whole program year!
Visit https://go.unl.edu/washingtoncounty4hcalendar to view. As dates/events continue to be added we will update the calendar. The webpage will show the most recent date that the program calendar was updated!
Next Chapter Workshops
Good Afternoon neighbors to Douglas-Sarpy Counties! I am sharing this with you in case you have any youth who might be interested in attending. There is no cost for the workshops, and youth will complete the whole Next Chapter program to be eligible for an $8000 scholarship to UNL. Feel free to pass on the info and encourage youth to sign up soon! Thank you.
“Next Chapter at Nebraska” Workshop Series
In this series of four workshops youth will build skills for success in college and careers! The workshops are open to any youth in grades 9-12. The workshops will be held at the Nebraska Extension office on 8015 W Center Road, Omaha, NE 68124 and are FREE of cost.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/xgakU6fhRfbzfykr7 (Register by Oct 1!)
Saturdays, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/06 | 9:00am-12:00pm
*Note: Youth must attend all four workshops in order to complete the Next Chapter program and be eligible for the Emerging Leaders Scholarship for University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
4-H Premium & Livestock Booster Checks
These awards are made possible through the generousity of our donors - a list of donors was included with your checks - please thank them in person if possible. Please also mail a thank you to them. If you'd like addresses in a label format please call and we'll email that to you.
Attention all 2022 graduating seniors who are planning to continue your education! The Martha and Don Romeo Scholarship application is now OPEN on behalf of the Nebraska Association of Fair Managers. The application and requirements can be found on our website at https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/washington/scholarships-0/ and is due to the Washington County by November 30, 2021. One female and one male across the state will be awarded $500 each, the winner will be announced at the annual NAFM convention in January.
Sounds intimidating doesn't it? It's really not that difficult - you have all the info - just type it up and add some photos...
It is basically a summary of your 4-H and community activities- you choose which area you did the most in (Ag, STEM, Leadership, Healthy Living) - compile the information by following the guide found at https://4h.unl.edu/achievement-application and submit to our office by 5pm on November 1. Awards will be given at the County and State Level in Junior and Senior Divisions.
Some submissions are 1 page long, some of you will easily fill the 3 page limit! We can't wait to read about what you've learned and accomplished in your 4-H year.
Diamond Clover Program
There is a simple form that you use to record your activities and write a little bit about them. Complete one level each year.
Submit the completed form to our office by 5pm on November 1.
Each 4-Her completing a Clover Level will receive the appropriate Clover Pin at the Achievement Celebration.
Find the forms at https://4h.unl.edu/diamond-clover
State Fair Results
4-H Foundation Charity Shoot
- Interested in becoming a 4-H judge? One easy way to get started is by completing our judge registration process. While not required, this process gets your name added to our statewide judge list which is supplied to county 4-H programs, faculty, and staff looking to hire new judges for their county fairs, contests, and shows. But you must complete the judge registration process by September 30th to be added to our statewide judge list for the 2022 program year. Get started at 4h.unl.edu/judges.
2021 Trail Ride
- We’re excited to share that the Nebraska State 4-H Camp and the Nebraska 4-H Foundation are hosting the annual Trail Ride again this year! Join us on October 2-3 for a 2-day trail ride through the Nebraska National forget, steak dinner, silent auction, and a ton of fun! All proceeds will support the 4-H Camp Scholarship fun. Learn more and purchase tickets at ne4hfoundation.org/trailride.
Other Statewide Events and Resources
Cat Club - https://4h.unl.edu/companion-animal/cat-club
- Dog Showmanship Video Series - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?reload=9&list=PL579hRei5D7xwKTqpe8kJw0GnfKK4x8l4
- Virtual Dog Club - https://4h.unl.edu/virtual-dog-club
- Companion Rabbit Science Online Course - https://4h.unl.edu/companion-rabbit-science
Companion Animal Workshop - https://4h.unl.edu/companion-animal-judges-workshop
Washington County Extension | 4-H
Tayler Wickham, Extension Educator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mickayla Blender, 4-H Ext. Assistant - email@example.com
Mary Larsen, 4-H Support Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org