Panda Family News
We Learn. We Collaborate. We Celebrate.
Reminders for PreK, Kindergarten, First, Second Grade, and Mrs. Nielsen's Students and Families
Please access the full details of our PES Re-Entry Plan here.
First Day Back
- Attestation From: Please make sure your child has their form in hand for arrival. Stop by school this afternoon to grab one from the main office windows or print off the ones attached in your email.
- Masks: 1 mask on and two extras packed.
- Water bottle: Please send your child to school with a filled water bottle.
- Breakfast and lunch are FREE for EVERYONE, If you were unable to complete the online form, please contact the front office for a paper copy.
Beginning October 19, PreK-2nd Group A students will attend in-person instruction on Mondays and Tuesdays while PreK-2nd Group B students will attend in-person instruction on Thursdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays, all students will receive at-home instruction. We have made changes to our Zoom instructional times, please make sure you have read the updated information from your child's teacher to be ready for these new times when you are at home.
- For students returning to in-person instruction. Please know that all students and staff must wear a mask at all times on campus, inside and outside, except for when eating. Go ahead now and pack two extra masks in your child's backpack for use. when one is soiled. On the first day of school your child will receive a pack of 5 face masks. In case you missed the Panda Family News Safety Edition, here it is!
- Bus Transportation: If you would like to have your child(ren) ride the bus and you are unsure if you've requested transportation, please call the front office at 919-542-3987. You may also call to change a transportation request.
- Carpool: If you would like to drop off and/or pick up your child(ren) in the carpool line, you must have a carpool tag. Please call the front office if your family does not have a tag for this week. Please remain in your vehicle during AM and PM carpool to help us safely implement our screening symptoms and social distancing protocols.
Virtual Parent Meeting from October 8th
If you have any questions, please submit them here. We will do our best to address them where appropriate or in the upcoming Panda Family News.
#PAWSome Things to Know and Check Out
- Monday, October 19 @ 7:30: 1st Day of School for PreK-2, & Nielsen Group A Pandas
- Thursday, October 22 @ 7:30: 1st Day of School for PreK-2 Group B Pandas
- #PandaSmile Bulletin Board: Help us fill up our board with your Mask #PandaSelfie! Email it to your child's teacher.
- #PES2021 Pumpkin Book Contest - check out details here!
Please continue to #StaySafe and if you leave home, know your Ws!
Wishing you well #PandaFamily,
Documents Used to Guide Reopening
Priorities for PES Reopening Plans:
Student and Staff Health and Safety
Creating a learning environment in which all students and teachers will be successful
To the extent possible maintaining stability for families (e.g. teacher-student assignments etc.)
Balancing the unique demands of the Virtual Academy
Please access guidance documents above used to support PES planning.
We Need Your Mask #PandaSelife!
#WeCollaborate To Create Our #PES2021 Yearbook
Putting together a yearbook for PES this year is going to be different. I will need help from everyone - PES Employees, Parents, Grandparents, etc...
Attached you will find a QR Code - all you have to do is scan it to get your pictures uploaded to the Jostens site for PES.
Be creative with your pictures, 1st day of school for your child, what is virtual learning like for your child, candid shots of your child, summer fun, virtual trips, fun with family, etc...
I have also attached the link to Jostens to order your 20-20 yearbook - get them at the beginning of the year for a cheaper price.
I can't wait to see your pictures!!!