Newsletter Week 1 Term 2
Huirangi Primary School 4th May 2021
Kia Ora Koutou, Hello Everyone!
To give you a bit of an insight; I am a mother of two very active boys, aged 10 and 13 and a wife to Justin who is a Petrochemical Operator at Ballance Agri-Nutrients in Kapuni. My teaching career spans 18 years, and have taught in various city and rural schools around Taranaki. I have been in Deputy Principal roles for the past 5 years, and have recently graduated with a Masters Degree in Education. I was particularly drawn to Huirangi because of its rural character. I absolutely love everything that rural schools and communities have to offer its tamariki and I am really excited to be a part of it.
Thank you to those of you who came along to the powhiri yesterday morning. The weather certainly turned it on for us!
Have a great week, and I look forward to meeting you all soon.
Ngā mihi nui,
PhotoLife Studios will be here at school to take class, sports teams, individual and sibling photographs. You should have already collected a form if you are wanting a sibling photo. These are to be returned to the office before 9am tomorrow morning.
You will be able to purchase all photos online from PhotoLife once your child brings home their individual shoot key. These will be distributed later on this month. Netball and basketball coaches are very welcome to come in to assist their team to get into their uniforms and be in the photo too! Coaches, please come to the office at 9am.
Huirangi School Reunion
- Science Roadshow. Rooms 3 and 4 [Year 5 & 6's]. - Tuesday 4th May - 12-1.30pm
- School Photos - Wednesday 5th May
- Huirangi Reunion Meeting - Thursday 6th May, 7pm in the Hall
- Mobile Library Bus - Thursday 6th May
- Home & School Meeting - Wednesday 19th May at 2.30pm
- Mobile Library Bus - Thursday 20th May
- Parent Meeting - Thursday 20th May, at 2.30pm [He Puawai, Rms 1 & 2]
- Board of Trustees Meeting - Thursday 20th May at 6.00pm
- Mobile Library Bus - Thursday 3rd June
- Teacher Only Day [school closed] - Friday 4th June
- Queens Birthday [school closed] -Monday 7th June