Wayne County 4-H
News and Notes
Join us for TEAM FAIR Clean Up Night - Tonight from 6-8 pm!
- Picking up trash
- Putting barrels and benches away
- Sweeping out livestock barns
- Putting Sheep Pens Away
- And Much More!
Special Thanks for a GREAT FAIR!
We would also like to add a special thanks to the following individuals and business for their help:
- Certified Angus Beef for the Beef Buyer's Luncheon
- Tractor Supply Company for donating buckets for the Caught Being Awesome Awards
- Wayne County Farm Bureau for sponsoring Junior Fair Board Polo Shirts
- Dave and Sharon Emler, Cheryl Gordon, for their help in in the Jr. Fair Office
- and the World's Best Jr. Fair Secretary - Marcia Brueck!
Don't Forget - Thank You Cards Due Friday September 22nd
Don't forget to send thank cards to the sponsors of any awards or trophies you received as well. Many sponsors of these awards tell us how much they appreciate a hand-written thank you note.
Poultry and Rabbit Meat Pick Up
Attention Organizational Advisors - Premium Check Pick Up
Award Applications & Nomination Forms Due September 30th
- Excellence in 4-H Award Applications - older outstanding members (ages 17-18) can apply for this award. Application is due to the Extension Office by 4:30 pm on September 30th.
- County Award Medal Applications / Nominations - advisors may nominate or youth may apply directly for a County Award Medal in various project areas. Applications / Nominations are due to the Extension Office by 4:30 pm on September 30th.
- Meritorious Service Award Nominations - each year the Extension 4-H Advisory Committee presents an award to an individual, group, or business who has made great contributions of his/her time and talent to the 4-H program. Nomination forms are due to the Extension Office by 4:30 pm on September 30th.
- STAR Club Award Applications - This program is not a competition, but a standard of excellence for all clubs to strive to achieve. Every club can earn points during the year (January through September). Star Clubs will be recognized at the 4-H Recognition Banquet on November 9, 2017. Fabulous prizes will be awarded to clubs that earn this special recognition! Final applications are due to the Extension Office by 4:30 pm on September 30th.
Committee Application Forms Due September 30th
The completed nomination forms will be compiled and placed on a ballot to be voted on by advisors and committee members. Nominees do not need to be current club advisors.
- Extension 4-H Advisory Committee Application / Nomination Form
- 4-H / Jr. Fair Action Committees Application / Nomination Form (Beef, Dairy, Horse, Sheep, Swine, Goat, Rabbit/Poultry, Building 10, and Dog Committees)