THE THORSON WEEKLY
Week of February 1, 2016
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Monday, February 1
Friday, February 5
- Jaguar Jumpstart All-School Meeting - 8:45 a.m. - Gym
- Variety Show Preview - 3:35 p.m. - Presentation Area
- Angela and Sara Cincotta will be doing 4K curriculum work with their team at district office from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Angela has an Elementary Principals Meeting from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 3
- FUTP60 Celebration - 1:45-3:00 p.m.
- Leadership Team Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Conference Room
Friday, February 5
- 5th Grade Science Fun - 8:00-3:30 - East Gym
- 1st Grade to Schauer Arts Center
- February 6 - Winter Carnival
- February 9 - K4 and K5 Registration
- February 16 - SoUP and Sandwich
"NUTS AND BOLTS" NOTES
Welcome Back, Nicole!
Nicole Kikkert returns to us from her maternity leave on Tuesday, February 2. We are glad to have her back. Congratulations again, Nicole, on your new little one!
CSD Teaching and Learning Newsletter
The latest version of the CSD Teaching and Learning newsletter was sent out last week. There is lots of important information in there so please be sure to take a look. There is a 4K Update, more information and documents regarding our revised RtI process, and an update on the new Wisconsin state exam: Forward. There are some important dates regarding the Forward exam to take note of.
T&L Monthly News - https://www.smore.com/83px4
It has been brought to my attention that some of you are getting class placement requests for next year. We will follow the same procedure as last year. In the next few days, I will send a letter out to parents letting them know how class placement works and that if they have specific information regarding their child that they would like us to consider, they need to write a letter explaining that by the given date. If any parents approach you, you can let them know that all class placement consideration requests need to go through the office and direct them my way. We will share a copy of the letter with you as soon as we have it set to go. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
FUTP60 Team wins National Video Contest
As you know, we are so proud of our FUTP60 Wellness Team who recently won 1st place in a video contest that they entered. Please join me in congratulating and celebrating Patty Kestell and her team for their hard work. Also, be sure to thank Rob Lubbers for his help with editing and putting the video together. It is a great representation of Thorson! We are very excited for the awesome party with a NFL player that we will all participate in this week. What a wonderful opportunity for our school community! Thank you, Patty, for all your hard work and effort on this. Watch for pictures to come next week!