Connecting to PowerSchool
Log in & complete Back to School update
Thank you for your patience as we shifted from Tyler to PowerSchool.
We're excited to connect you to your child(ren)'s information, and we need your help to make sure information for your family is correct in the new system.
We've created accounts for you in PowerSchool.
Families will need to complete two steps:
- ✔️ Step 1: Connect to your PowerSchool account for the first time and create a new password
- ✔️ Step 2: Review & update information by completing the "Back to School Update" for each child enrolled in our schools
Scroll down for a step-by-step guide. Please use a laptop or desktop computer.
Do not use the PowerSchool smart phone mobile app. This has not been configured for Kuna School District and will not work.
We have set up a temporary helpline for families that can be reached at 208-472-9710. if you don't reach a person, please leave a message and we will return the call.
✔️Step 1: Connect to Your Account for the 1st time
⚠️ Password: Everyone will need to use "Forgot Password"
- Your old Tyler password will not work.
- Everyone will reset their password by using the "Forgot Password" link: https://kjsd.powerschool.com/public/account_recovery_begin.html
- Your username is your email address
- After using the link, you will get an email with instructions to create a new password.
Use your username and new password to connect to PowerSchool account
- Use your username and new password to log into your parent account.
- You will see your child(ren)'s names in the upper left area of the screen.
- Clicking their name will allow you to see each child's information. See example below.
Note: If you get a screen that says: " ⚠️ you are unable to access your account this time. Please contact your school directly for assistance" Call your child's school to fix this issue. The phone numbers for every school are listed below.
✔️ Step 2: Complete the Back-to-School Update
- The Back to School Update can only be completed by one parent/guardian. If you cannot access the form, please check with the other parent/guardian we have on file.
- Click the Back-to-School Update at the bottom left of the screen.
- You will be asked to enter the birth date of the student you are completing the form for.
- You will review and update contacts for your child and review policies.
- After completing the form, you can click on another child's name to start the form for them.
🚨 Make sure email, phone, & emergency contacts are correct!
- The most important piece of the Back to School Update is reviewing and updating the contact information for your family.
- Should there be an emergency, the contacts you provide will be used to reach your family.
- If you move or get a new phone number during the school year, please contact the school.
- If the contacts are the same for all of your children make sure to use the "import feature" and save time! See screenshot below.
- Be sure to review all sections of the Back to School Update.
If you have more than 1 child, use this timesaver!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
We're divorced and I don't see my contact information when I review my student's information. What should I do?
Contact your child's school to give you access to your child's information. Note: Any custody agreements or court orders restricting access to a child's information and/or ability to pick up a child must be provided to the school.
We completed the Back to School Update and would like to add another emergency contact, what should we do?
Contact your child's school to add another contact.
Contact your child's school to give you access to your child's information.
📱 Need more help? Call your child's school
- Help Desk: (208) 472-9710. if you don't reach a person, please leave a message and we will return the call.
- Crimson Point Elementary School: (208) 955-0230
- Fremont Middle School: (208) 922-1005
- Hubbard Elementary School: (208) 922-1007
- Indian Creek Elementary School: (208) 922-1009
- Initial Point Alternative High: (208) 472-9721
- Kuna High School (208) 955-0200
- Kuna Middle Middle School: (208) 922-1002
- Reed Elementary School: (208) 955-0275
- Ross Elementary School: (208) 922-1011
- Silver Trail Elementary School: (208) 472-9731
- Swan Falls High School: (208) 472-9741