A Publication of the Affton School District
Update for Families | August 21, 2020
2020-2021 Back to School Resource Guide
We can't wait to connect with your students on Monday, August 24! Here's a list of Back to School resources:
- NEW for 2020-2021: Canvas, our district learning management system; parents can create an account to stay connected to their student's learning
- Canvas Login
- Chromebook Troubleshooting & Help Ticket
- District App
- District Calendar
- First Day of School Album - Once again, we will be compiling a First Day of School album featuring our students, teachers, and staff. Send your photo (one per person, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM to @AfftonSchools on Facebook, IG, or Twitter. #afftonstrong
- Free & Reduced Meals
- Grab & Go Meal Distribution
- Internet Help for Families
- Online Registration
- NEW for 2020-2021: Roadmap to Reopening Summary
- School Supply Lists
- Tyler SIS Parent Portal
- NEW for 2020-2021: Virtual Instruction Handbook
NEW: Virtual Instruction Handbook
As we work together to kick off a successful school year, we now know that we will begin the 2020-2021 school year with students learning at home as part of the online Virtual Academy or 100% Distance Learning through first quarter (August 24 to October 23).
The Virtual Instruction Handbook is designed to provide you with information and resources that will guide our partnership as we learn virtually, including:
- Social Emotional Supports
- Student and Parent Expectations
- and more
Canvas & Chromebook Resources for Families
We're having trouble with my student's Chromebook or my student does not have a Chromebook yet: Please click here for troubleshooting and a link to submit a help ticket.
I need help setting up my parent account in Canvas: Please watch the video below.
First Day of School Photo Album
Grab & Go Begins August 24
Grab & Go is from 11:30 am-12:30 pm on Monday and Wednesday each week. Breakfast and lunch for 2 days will be provided on Mondays and 3 days will be provided on Wednesdays at all pickup locations. Student's name and PIN number will be required during pickup.
***PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THIS FORM ONE TIME FOR EACH STUDENT WHO NEEDS MEAL SERVICE.***
Please reach out with your questions or concerns at email@example.com or by calling the Affton Schools COVID-19 Helpline at 314-633-5911.