Cheltenham Elementary School
DOLPHIN TIMES- May 9-13
CES Barry Roth named Substitute of the Year
Kick-off of Walking Challenge
4th grade EP Orientation and Game Show!
Although the rain cancelled the traditional 4th grade Olympics, students were treated to a trivia game show style assembly program. Students were divided into 4 teams and answered trivia questions on a variety of topics. We hope that our CES 4th graders had an opportunity to make some new friends and are excited about entering Elkins Park school next year.
Elkins Park Parent Orientation
Wednesday, May 11th, 7pm
8149 New 2nd Street
Book Fair- This Week!
Cheltenham Elementary School will be hosting the annual Book Fair beginning on Monday, May 9 and continuing through Friday, May 13, 2016. The Book Fair is sponsored by the PTO and gives children the opportunity to purchase new, current, colorful, and enjoyable books! Here are some important things to remember:
· The prices range from approximately $4.95 to $8.95 for quality paperbacks, to approximately $25.00 for hardcover/gift books. Because of changes in the tax laws we must now charge tax for any items that are purchased at the Fair.
· If your child/children will not be purchasing anything, they will have the opportunity to browse and create a wish list of book titles that you might want to use for holiday or birthday gifts.
· If we run out of a title, special orders will be taken and the books will be delivered to your child’s classroom as soon as they arrive (usually within a few days.) These special orders must be paid for in advance.
· The Book Fair will also be open during a special evening shopping event taking place on Friday, May 13th from 4-6pm in the library.
· You are also able to shop at the Book Fair online. The books that you purchase online will count towards our final sales and will be delivered after the Fair ends on May 13, 2016. The website to shop our Book Fair is:
· Each class is scheduled to shop for approximately thirty minutes. If you would like to shop with your child, please sign up to come to the library during their scheduled shopping time (see back for more information.)
Remember, books purchased from the fair help the library to obtain new books for everyone to enjoy. We were able to order almost $4,000 in NEW books using the funds from the Book Fair we held in the fall!
If you have any questions, please email Stephanie Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support!