Jackson & Industry Review
Some felt that Jackson and the Executive Branch of Government had become too powerful.
System of Spoils
What does this cartoon represent?
Nullification Crisis...What Happened?
2. "TARIFF OF ABOMINATIONS" "STATE'S RIGHTS"
3. South Carolina--Nullification...Federal policy on tariffs violates State's Rights.
4. South Carolina--WE ARE OUT OF HERE!
5. Compromise: Tariffs lowered...President has power to deal with threat of secession with use of force.
Political Cartoon: Nullification
Cartoon drawn during the nullification controversy showing the manufacturing North getting fat at Southern expense.
- What did Jackson dislike about the Second Bank of the United States?
Indian Removal Act:
West of the Mississippi
Industry+ Immigration = Urbanization
Economic Improvement: Geographic Factors of New England
Industrial Revolution Makes Life Better?
Interchangeable Parts: Production improves (faster & cheaper)
Factories: Positive = Jobs, growth of cities; Negative = labor conditions
Better Transportation (Railroads, canals, steamboats, clipper ships, etc.)