Camp Invention is BACK - 2nd week
Lutheran Church, Haddonfield, NJ June 25-28 & JULY 9-12th!!
We've added a 2nd week!! July 9-July 12th!! Don't wait! Register TODAY!!
What is Camp Invention?
Camp Invention is one week in the summer where your child’s creativity, innovation, and problem-solving skills are challenged and developed in fun and exciting ways. Our top priority is to inspire future innovators and build their confidence in the natural ability to dream and create.
Camp Invention - 2018 Fast Forward
Why should we consider Camp Invention for our children?
Camp Invention is the only nationally recognized, non-profit elementary enrichment program inspired by the brightest thinkers around, the National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees. We know how to tap into your child’s natural need to discover and we do it with certified local instructors.
Who is Camp Invention for?
Any child entering kindergarten through 6th grade! The curriculum is designed with each child in mind, featuring fun, age-appropriate activities.
Optibot—a small self-driving bot that senses changes in light. Exploring the technology behind transportation, children will design the ultimate futuristic vehicle that might one day be reality!
• Design tracks for their bots to follow while exploring different modes of transportation
• Explore impact sensors using a small-scale crash test dummy
• Discover how sensors are used in autonomous vehicles
• Personalize their own line tracing robot to take home
Robotic Pet Vet™
Animal shelters are reporting that malfunctioning robotic dogs have been popping up all over town. Hurry and tell your young inventor to grab their vet kit because there’s only one cure for these pups—innovation! Throughout this module, campers diagnose puppy problems and design and build dog parks as they hammer out ideas for the best dog park attraction.
• Use tools to take apart robotic dogs and compare their inner mechanics to the anatomy and physiology of a real dog
• Explore spatial reasoning and design engineering as they construct a dog park
• Analyze simple machines and circuits used to make the dog move, bark and light up
• Customize their own robotic dog to take home
Mod My Mini Mansion™
Campers will dream up and design their very own futuristic smart home filled with gadgets, LEDs, technology and innovation! From talking mirrors to toasters that know how to cook their favorite foods, your child will invent and build models of these smart gadgets and gizmos.
• Make their own take-home mini mansions
• Discover the Internet of Things and how smart devices are connected and controlled
• Explore renewable sources to power up their eco-smart mini mansions
• Change letters into numbers using binary code to create a message
Stick To It™
Stick To It™
Campers will invent something new every day as they explore what it is like to be a physicist, engineer and entrepreneur. Daily challenges inspire campers to bring their own ideas to the table, think big, persevere and get to the heart of what it means to be an inventor. Your young innovator will invent, make and craft solutions to real-world challenges by building their own prototypes and discovering that anything is possible!
• Make their own dancing dinosaur using a mechanical gear box in the “Dance to Your Own Beat” challenge
• Create a robotic arm to retrieve silver coins in the “Silver lining” challenge
• Build a plush cupcake catapult in the “It Will Be a Piece of Cake” challenge
• Explore chemistry, non-Newtonian fluids and magnetism as they investigate magnetic slime