Marseilles Elementary Newsletter
November 9, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9th- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Tuesday, November 9th- 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball vs. Sandwich @ 5:00pm (8th grade night is in between the 7th and 8th grade games)
- Tuesday, November 9th- PTA Meeting @ 5:30pm in Library
- Wednesday, November 10th- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs. MVK @ 5:00pm
- Thursday, November 11th- Veterans’ Day Breakfast @ 9:00am
- Thursday, November 11th- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at St. Michael Tournament TBA
- Thursday, November 11th- 7th Boys’ Basketball vs. Putnam County @ 5:00pm
- Friday, November 12th- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at St. Michael Tournament TBA
- Saturday, November 13th-5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at St. Michael Tournament TBA
- Monday, November 15th- 7th & 8th Girls’ Basketball VGSC Conference Tournament TBA (15-19)
- Tuesday, November 16th- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Tuesday, November 16th- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at Wallace @ 4:30pm
- Tuesday, November 16th- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs. Wallace @ 5:00pm
- Wednesday, November 17th- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball vs. Serena @ 5:00pm
- Thursday, November 18th- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at Oglesby @ 5:00pm
- Thursday, November 18th- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball vs. Oglesby @ 5:00pm
- Friday, November 19th- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball at OHS Shoot-out vs. Deer Park TBA
Notes from the Office
- Just a few reminders as we head into cooler weather: Supervision at doors does not begin until 8:10am. Please make sure that you are not dropping off your child too soon before the school day begins.
- If your child is in need of a coat, please communicate with the school. We will do what we can to make sure your child has a winter coat.
- Students in grades K-8 will participate in the Star360 Winter test within the next two weeks. The testing window opens tomorrow, Wednesday, November 10 and closes on Friday, November 19. Students will participate in both math and reading assessments online.
- This Saturday, November 13th MES will host a vaccine clinic from 9:00am-3:00pm in the gym. No appointment is necessary. First and second doses will be available along with the booster for anyone eligible of Pfizer.
- If your child has received his/her vaccination, please make sure the school has a copy of the card. We use this information for contact tracing as it changes the process for exclusion and/or test to stay.
YMCA Program Starts Monday, November 15th- Registration Is Still Open!
The YMCA program will officially begin next Monday, November 15th. The program will run after school M-Funtil 5:30pm. There is still space, so if you are still interested in getting more information or signing up, please reach out to the YMCA. You may go directly to the Ottawa YMCA located at 201 E. Jackson St. or call them at 815-433-2395 or email,email@example.com. Guylene Strange has been our contact at MES. Information about fees and weekly registration is listed below.
Registration Fees: $35 per child (one time fee for the school year)
Weekly and Daily rates will apply ( you may apply for the Scholarship for reduced rates)
Weekly attendance must be done the Friday before attending
By putting your banking info like debit card or credit card on file, you will be allowed to sign up via phone. If you are paying with a different form (cash/check), you will need to go to the Y in person to sign student(s) up.
Veterans Day Breakfast
Thank you, Veterans, for your service.
WRESTLING OPEN MATS
Erin's Law Curriculum
Lunch Menu for Next Week
COVID Informational Letters
Can you believe it; we are halfway through the first quarter! In order to keep our students and staff safe, we plan to align our protocols and procedures with the most recent guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, who developed their guidance with the CDC and IDPH.
If your child or anyone in the home is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please keep your child (and any siblings) home until you speak with our nurse. If any student(s) are in quarantine and would still like lunches and breakfasts, please email Terrie Spicer by 9:30am at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the attendance line to report the absence at 815-795-8795.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher),
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
If you are calling in your child(ren) for the day, please call our attendance line at 815-795-8795 telling who the child is and why he/she will be out of school.
Questions can be directed to the main office at 815-795-2428 or sent to the staff member directly via email. Email addresses can be found on the district website.
Please make sure you visit the MES website (https://mes150.org) for the most up-to-date information. Newsletters will be sent to you through TeacherEase as well as posted on the website. If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, check it out- Marseilles Elementary School District #150. Information is shared here as well as communicated through Class Dojo.
As a building, please know, we want what is best for your child(ren) and every other child. We will do our best to meet the needs of your students and look forward to a great year together! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.