Should we kill animals for fur and leather?
22% did not believe in killing animals for fur but did not think it should be against the law.
Clearly the population of the animals are being killed for fur is going up and the population of animals are going down, so killing animals for clothes and accessories should be stopped
Many animal are slaughtered for clothing
- Kangaroos are slaughtered by the millions every year to make soccer shoes.
- Snakes and lizards may be skinned alive some believe that live flaying makes exotic more supple.
- Kid goats may be boiled alive to make gloves.
What they do
- Otters of south america has been nearly exterminated by fur trade
- The byproducts of meat consumption include fats and blood that are used in livestock feed, tires, explosives, paints, and cosmetics, organs
- The skins of unborn calves and lambs some purposely to kill others from slaughtered pregnant cows and are considered especially expensive.
How animals are killed
- Animals can be left to suffer for days with blood loss.
- Traps crush animals necks with 90 pounds of pressure.
- Tens of thousands of harp seals are shot.