Tech for Teen Girls
Learn about technology and help other PEARLS girls!
College students to help Pearls teens get Internet access
Some of you might know that at a few of our meeting sites the Internet is slow or unavailable. PEARLS asked a local university, the Milwaukee School of Engineering for help getting wireless at all sites. A class of college students is working on a plan, but they want your help to make it happen!
You’ll get to:
- Learn more about the technology you use every day
- Help PEARLS girls by improving groups with internet access
- Meet MSOE students & faculty and get ready for college
- Build your skills & resume – technical abilities make you more valuable at school, work, or home
- Help test the new technology
How much time will be required?
- Attend one or two short meetings with college students and tech professionals to go over the technology and test it
- Review the instruction sheet that MSOE creates to make sure they are simple and easy to understand
If you are interested in learning more about how your technology works AND helping other PEARLS girls to get Internet access at their meeting sites, contact Ms. Elizabeth, the PEARLS College & Career Readiness Coordinator, at 414-943-5794 (cell) or email@example.com.