Eternal Rest Funeral Home
Funeral Planing Made Easy
Picture: (Nyttend, 2012).
There are many choices you have to make when planing a funeral.
We are here to help make these choices easier.
One of the first things we have you decide is if you are going with a burial or cremation.
If you want a burial we then will help you decide what you want to wear or what you want your loved one to wear. We will also discuss things like having an open or closed casket. If you want to be placed a mausoleum or in the ground. We will discuss If you already have a burial plot, and if not how to get one. We will help you choose the right location as well as the finer details like who you will be buried next to.
Whether you are going to be cremated of buried, you can have a funeral or memorial service.
We will help you pick the right service based on your wants and needs.
We will help you prepare for any rituals you might want to include.
We will also help you decide on everything you want done at the service, from religious scripture, poems, music, and the eulogy.
Consideration of the Individual
We will go though the same things as we would with someone planing their loved ones funeral.
We can set up prepaid payment plans, so that your family does not have to worry about the cost once you pass away.
We will help you find the right spot to be buried and work out all the details of both cremation and burial.
We will work out all cultural and religious rituals you will want at your service.
All arrangements will be made with your privacy in mind.
(Planning Your Own Funeral, 2012).
Consideration of the Family
We are available for assistance when writing the obituary as well as helping you get it published.
We are available for explanation on how to write an eulogy and other how to prepare other materials for the service.
(Next Steps for Families, 2008).
We are prepared for rituals of most major religious groups. We can cater to Jewish customs, Christian customs, Buddhist customs, and Islamic customs.
We have wooden coffins available and will help you plan a memorial service without a showing.
We also have have a member of the Jewish Burial society on call to preform tahorah, a purification.
(Leming & Dickinson, 2016, pp. 380 - 381)
We give you the option of embalming as well as cremation. We will have the body prepared and help you plan a service with-in the first two days after death.
(Leming & Dickinson, 2016, pp. 382-383)
Picture: (Kirchner, 2009).
(Leming & Dickinson, 2016, p. 387).
We will work out special pricing for the preparation of the body as well as the burial, without any service.
We are have contact information so you can find a close mosque to grieve and hold a service at.
(Leming & Dickinson, 2016, p. 389).
Picture: (Tauseen, 1993).
Pricing and Economical Considerations
Price - $3,000.
Any traditional religious package includes preparations for any rituals, any special preparations for the body, a showing, and service.
Price - $4,000
A simple cremation with a service
Price - $1,200
Cremation with a showing and service before cremation
Price - $2,000
Cremation with no service
Price - $800
We are willing to work with you individually on payment plans as well as discussing cost saving factors.
Read about Loss from a Child's Perspective:
Read about the five stages of grief
Read about grief after a suicide
Read about Understanding Bereavement
Read about Deciding Between Cremation and Burial
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m - 3 p.m.
Service hours are set to your needs.
- Leming, M.R. & Dickinson, G.E. (2016). Understanding Dying, Death, and Bereavement (8th ed., pp. 346-391). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning
Planning Your Own Funeral. (2012, July). Retrieved from http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0305-planning-your-own-funeral
- Next Steps for Families. (2008). Considerations for the Funeral. Retrieved from http://www.nextstepsforfamilies.com/Considerations.html
- Engelund, M. (2006, April 3). Traditional flower arrangement for funeral. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funeral#/media/File:Flower-arrangement-funeral-white.jpg
- Kirchner, C. (2009). Funeral de Mercedes Sosa. Retrieved from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Funeral_de_Mercedes_Sosa.jpg
- LaVange, R. (2009, October 24). Roy's Funeral. Retrieved from https://www.flickr.com/photos/wickenden/4068696971
- Niles, R. (2008, December 1). Orthodox Jewish Funeral - Jerusalem. Retrieved from https://www.flickr.com/photos/randall_niles/3236139879
- Nyttend. (2012, July 13). DSR Funeral Home in North Vernon. Retrieved from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:DSR_Funeral_Home_in_North_Vernon.jpg
- Tauseen. (1993). Funeral procession of Justice Mufti Syed Shujaat Ali Qadri led by Sa'adat Ali Qadri. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syed_Shujaat_Ali_Qadri#/media/File:Namaz_e_Janaza_Syed_Shujaat_Ali_Qadri.jpg
- Katorisi. (2008). The altar of the Japanese Buddhism-style funeral. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_funeral#/media/File:The_altar_of_the_Japanese_Buddhism-style_funeral,saidan,japan.jpg