Lake City ES: Re-opening Info
June 24, 2020
If you weren't able to join Dr. Beasley's Live Presentation yesterday, please click the links below for access to the video and Powerpoint slides regarding our district's plan for students to return to school on August 3, 2020.
On behalf of Clayton County Public Schools (CCPS) Superintendent/CEO of Schools Dr. Morecase J. Beasley, we thank all stakeholders who participated in the 5th Superintendent Live Address on YouTube.
For those who were unable to participate in the live message, June 23, 2020, we are pleased to share with you the recorded video message as broadcasted on our social media platforms as Dr. Beasley discussed the district’s Reopening Plans for the 2020-2021 School Year and other critical updates for the school system. Stakeholders can access Dr. Beasley's message from June 23,2020, by clicking the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxbRi-J1Pzo.
To view the Superintendent’s presentation, please click the following link to access the PowerPoint: https://tinyurl.com/SuperintendentPresentation.
To view Clayton County Public Schools Reopening Documents, please click the following link: https://www.clayton.k12.ga.us/news/district_news/c_c_p_s_2020-2021_reopening_info
The Superintendent/CEO of Schools has two additional live YouTube Addresses scheduled for July 7 and July 28 at 1:00 p.m. As a reminder, for future updates from Clayton County Public Schools, please be sure to stay connected to all district platforms!
Plan C below is the tentative plan to begin on August 3, 2020.
Online Registration & Withdrawals
Returning students will be asked to update their Proof of Residency each year via the Parent Portal.
New students will be enrolled using the link below.
Criteria & Required Documents
(Students who were not registered in Clayton County Public Schools during the 2019-2020 school year)
- Two Proofs of Residency (Examples Below)
- Signed lease/signed mortgage contract
- Current utility bills (gas, water, or electric bills most recent within last 30 days)
- Evidence of Birth
- Birth Certificate
- A Military ID
- A valid driver’s license
- A passport
- An adoption record
- A religious record signed by an authorized religious official
- An official school transcript
- An affidavit of practicing physician
- An affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, guardian, grandparent, or other person, accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a practicing physician, which certificate states the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
- Student’s Social Security Card. Waivers are available if needed.
- Withdrawal records from previous school of attendance to include the following:
- Last grade placement
- Report Card (grades KK-8)
- Transcript (grades 9-12)
- Discipline History (grades 7-12)
- Government issued Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Guardianship or custody papers if not birth parent
- Georgia Immunization Form #3231 (current) Out of state immunizations must be placed on a Georgia Form
- Georgia Hearing, Vision, & Dental Form #3300 (current)
- School Choice acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Pre-K Approval Letter (If applicable)
Registration Requirements & Residency Verification: email@example.com
Requests to Withdraw Your Student(s); firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests to Transfer Your Student(s): email@example.com
International Center Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homelessness: Contact Ms. Sonia Davis, email@example.com