I am for the Child
Court Appointed Special Advocates for the Children of Essex County
BECAUSE EVERY CHILD DESERVES A SAFE AND PERMANENT HOME.
To promote the welfare of children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse, neglect, or abandonment by providing a safety net of support, advocacy and mentor-ship. Casa trains and supervises volunteers to speak up for the best interest of these children in court, to ensure that each child has the opportunity to thrive by receiving needed services and assistance while helping to move the child towards a safe and permanent home.
Ruby Red Shoe Bash
- On December 12th, 2016 you can help make "home" more than just a dream! By stepping out in your Ruby Red slippers and joining us for dinner, dancing and a silent auction at the Green Brook Country Club in North Caldwell New Jersey, you can help hundreds of foster children in Essex County.
Over the Rainbow: $2,000
Ruby Red Slippers: $2,500
Yellow Brick Road: $5,000
Emerald City: $7,500
Spin for a Child
Join us for an exhilarating and inspiring one-day indoor outing event of cycling and rowing on March 5th, 2017 at 360 Cycling and Fitness Studio in Montclair, New Jersey. Power through a fun and challenging work-out with the knowledge that your participation is spreading awareness and raising funds fro children in Essex County who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect.
Class One: Spinning at 11:00 AM- 11:45 AM
Class Two: Rowing at 11:30 AM- 12:15 PM
Class Three: Spinning at 12:15:PM - 1:00 PM
Hospitality Sponsor: $500
Website Sponsor: $1,000
Class Sponsor : $2,500
Event Sponsor: $5,000
Every donation received between 7:00 am Friday, March 4th and 11:00 am Sunday, March 6th will be matched by 50% courtesy of Advocate & Trustee Ed Schwarz of Montrose Realty
JOIN US FOR A RIDE THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
CASA for Children of Essex County's Golf Outing
A Golf-Scramble on an 18-hole, 6,500-yard Robert White-designed Par 71 Championship Course on June 5th,2017 at the Green Brook Country Club in North Caldwell, New Jersey.
9:30-11:00 AM: Check-In, Registration & Buffet Brunch
9:45 AM-11:15 AM: Hit the Practice Range
11:00 AM: Ladies Yoga Class and Luncheon
11:15 AM: Proceed to your Assigned Cart
11:30 AM: Tee Off- Shotgun Start/Scramble - Best Ball Format
4:30- 5:30 PM: Cocktails & Silent Auction
5:30- 7:00 PM: Gourmet Dinner Prepared by the Club's Renowned Chef
Sponsorships include acknowledgement of your support via signage at the outing , on he CASA website and via social media mentions. Sponsorship levels starting at $2,000 include up to 4 golfers.
Hole Sponsor: $500
Bronze Sponsor: $1,000
Silver Sponsor: $1,500
Gold Sponsor: $3,000
Platinum Sponsor: $5,000
Premiere Event Sponsor: $8,000
Can't participate? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to CASA instead!
Advocate Training - $15,000
- Sponsor an advocate training class! Volunteers are trained on how to help improve the lives of abused and neglected children as a CASA - Court Appointed Advocate, for Essex County youth in foster care.
Special Initiatives - $20,000
- Family Search and Connect: Support finding kinship connections by identifying and locating family members who may have been overlooked or lost during a child's tenure in foster care.
- Fostering Futures: CASA Advocates/Members support emancipating youth (ages 14-21) to develop essential skills and improve outcomes for the transition to adulthood.
- Education: Supports enriching the educational achievement of all CASA case children by encouraging , improving and coordinating the combined effort of the school, resource parent and child.
- Infant and Toddler Program: Supports the enhanced quality of specific advocacy services for children (ages 0-5) through appropriate developmental screenings, quality visitation with parents and connections to community services once reunification is imminent.
Foster Youth Case Load - $45,000
- CASA's Case Supervisors work with advocates in representing their case child(ren)'s best interest in Family Court. They ensure that the necessary and appropriate services are provided through the entirety of the child's time in care and help move the child as quickly as possible to a safe and permanent home.
I AM FOR THE CHILD
As a nonprofit organization we train and supervise volunteers from our community to speak up for the best interests of children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect. CASA volunteers investigate the background of a foster care case and make recommendations to a Judge that will help move the child to a safe and permanent home as quickly as possible. At Essex CASA, everyday people help change the lives of our most vulnerable citizens.
Board of Trustees:
Mitchell Decter, Co-President
Tracy Reilly, Co-President
Jill Hirsch, Vice President
Rosin Steinhagen Mendel
Meredith Prithviraj, Secretary
Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Andres Reyes, Treasurer
Gary Beyer, Trustee
Elyse Kremins, Trustee
Debra Caplan, Trustee
Debra Neier, Trustee
NJ State Policemen's Benevolent Association, Inc.
Ann Pollack, Trustee
Nationwide Floor & Window Coverings
Eric Pratt, Trustee
Jill Rosenthal, Trustee
Edward Schwarz, Trustee
Michael Slater, Trustee
Ami Talkow, Trustee
Keller Williams Suburban Realty
Valerie Wilde, Trustee
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
212 Washington Street
Newark, NJ 07102