Lighthouse School Newsletter
January 19, 2022
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
Hello, Lighthouse Families,
I hope you each enjoyed the long weekend and were able to get outside in some of the warmer winter weather. Some students enjoyed ice fishing, hanging out at home, or playing in the snow. I enjoyed the extra family time sledding and watching movies.
This week, we continue to creatively address higher than normal staff absences to keep supporting student learning. We’re grateful for our Lighthouse and broader SLP team and for everyone’s efforts to do all we can to provide a safe place for students to learn and teachers to teach.
While there is no perfect solution right now, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our doors open so students can continue to directly engage with teachers and peers to learn and have access to essentials like nutritious meals.
We’re looking forward to the HerStory official kick-off this Thursday morning (tomorrow). A representative from Underdog games will be joining us virtually to give students some background information and talk about the process. Interested students are welcome to join the presentation and decide if they would like to work on research for the game. Students that participate will need to turn in a consent form.
Updates and Reminders:
- PTO: Our PTO meeting is coming up on Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. You are invited to join us in person at the Lighthouse or you can join virtually with this WebEx link.
- Gym: Please remind your child to bring shoes to school each day as they are required to wear in the gym for PE.
- Minnesota Student Survey: MN Student Survey is the primary source of comprehensive data on youth at the state, county, and local level. It is the only consistent source of statewide data on the health and well-being of youth. Lighthouse students in grades 5, 8, 9, and 11 will be participating in the survey on Tuesday, February 8. Parents have the option of opting out. Watch for an email with more information specific to the survey.
Have a great week!
It’s time to start planning for the 2022-2023 school year!
Spring Lake Park Schools is hosting a number of events in January and February to help current and incoming families prepare for the next steps in their students’ education. Whether you are looking to enroll a student, preparing for a school transition or registering for classes, we hope students and families can join us to learn more. Find additional information, dates and times, WebEx links and more.
Panthers for a Purpose: Week of Giving and Panther Party
The Panther Foundation is hosting their biggest fundraiser of the year through the "Panthers for a Purpose Week of Giving and Panther Party." Everyone in the community is invited to mark their calendar for February 21-26 to celebrate! If you're interested in participating in the silent auction, buying tickets for the party featuring a live band, becoming a sponsor, donating to the Milestone Moments project, or overall want to learn more about how you can get involved, everything you need to know is available on the website.
- January 20: Knowledge Bowl Meet at Jackson Middle School
- January 27: PTO Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
- January 31: Extended Learning Day
- February 9 - In-person 8th grade High School Kickoff and Registration event. Additional details coming soon.
In case you missed important information from last week's newsletter, check out the topics below and click to learn more.
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.