Reigning Victory Dance Academy
Parent Meeting for Jr and Sr Academy Students
Saturday, Sep. 26th, 2pm
382 Glynn Street North
Parent Meeting for Junior and Senior Academy Students Only.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE TRAINING
1. Performances are based on the dancer's knowledge of choreography, attendance, and up-to-date account status. Dancer's will have to audition for each performance. All dancer's may not be needed for every performance. It is in the best interest of the dancer to practice at home. Performances are not showcases. We expect each dancer to act accordingly to the professional standards set forth by RVDA. We will perform as Reigning Victory Dance Ensemble. Please help your child understand that they may get cut from a performance if the director feels they are not ready. They should keep practicing.
2. We will try to car pool as much as we can. We will always leave and return from the studio.
3. Parents may be required to drop students off.
4. Some events will require purchase of event ticket because we are performing as part of the entertainment for private events. You will be notified of fees. In that case you may choose to drop your child off and pick them back up. Children will always be accompanied by at least two members of the RVDS staff.
5. Dancers will be dismissed as a group during performances. Dancers are only allowed to leave at the directors discretion during some performances.
6. We are called on to dance at several events monthly. Some events are very last minute. That is the nature of this business sometimes. We will do our best to provide as much information as we can in a timely manner. We may not know full details upfront. Please be open for changes. Some events are cancelled after they have been arranged due to conflict of interest.
Dance Ensemble Booked Performances Coming Up
Fayette Family Church (Open to the public)
Sept. 19 & 26
Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Stevenson High School Auditorium (TICKETED EVENT EVERYONE MUST PURCHASE A TICKET IF THEY WANT TO ATTEND)
Misty Copeland Ballet Presentation
Jan. 9, 16, 23, 30
*More rehearsal dates will be added
*This is a fundraiser in conjunction with the DeKalb Elementary and High Schools of the Arts
Rehearsal Dates: Please log in to your account weekly to see your schedule for Saturday rehearsals.
Website Parent's Corner Password
Sign up for Text Messaging
To receive messages via text, text @rvchild to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @rvchild'.
Trouble using 81010? Try texting @rvchild to (405) 896-2181 instead.
To receive messages via text, text @jracade to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @jracade'.
Trouble using 81010? Try texting @jracade to (405) 896-2181 instead.
To receive messages via text, text @rvds to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @rvds'.
Trouble using 81010? Try texting @rvds to (405) 896-2181 instead.
IPhone App Coming Soon
Dancer's Corner Page
This is where we will post things specifically for them. It will be interactive. They should let us know about their accomplishments and milestones so that we may fully support them. We want this to be a place where your child creates memories and where they can receive extra encouragement. We will have an honor roll list at the end of every term. Those on the list will be rewarded. Those who do not make the list will be acknowledge as well in some way. Please make sure we get a copy of your child's report card.
Dress Code Updates
Hair must be in a bun
Hair must be in a bun
Hair must be in a Bun
Modern/Jazz: Junior and Senior
Shorts and Jazz pants may be worn at the teacher's discretion. Tee shirts/warm-ups should be removed after 10 minutes
Please pick up a copy of the updated dress code for additional items needed.
September 20, 2015 at RVDS
Funds raised will go into our studio miscellaneous fund to use for Academy trips, activities, costumes, master classes, etc.
- Collection: We are asking RVDS families, staff, and community families to donate items. Small furniture, toys, books, bikes & wagons, costumes, sports equipment, holiday decorations, household items, and more.
- Items are being collected now for the next few weeks at the studio M-F 6pm-9pm.
- We will have a list to sign up to volunteer.
Fall Festival at RVDS
October 25, 2015
We are inviting the community out for our Fall Festival.
We are looking for vendors, activities, games, food, entertainment. Parents are invited to volunteer.
Hip Hop Fridays with Ms. Indya
Stay for open dance...parent's night out!!! Pick up at 10:00pm
Join us as we support LNH Ed Consulting
LNH Ed consulting firm partners with schools, school districts, day cares and other educational agencies to identify problem areas, find solutions, implement best practices, optimize finances and staff use all leading to a pathway that promotes high student achievement and academic success.
We also work collaboratively with families and schools as educational advocates to increase the possibilities of success for their students.
Many of our families would benefit a great deal...please come out if you can!
Check them out!!! RVDS operates the arts sector of the curriculum.