January 23, Ranch News Round-Up and Important Information
Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en el icono que parece una persona.
Dear Parents and Students,
Sending wishes of health, wealth, and wisdom in the Lunar New Year!
- Congratulations to the 1328 Mustangs who qualified for Principal’s Honor Roll by earning a 3.5 and above Grade Point Average in the first semester of the 2022-2023 school year!
- Congratulations to Zoe Rachow, Senior, who was selected Metro Conference Fall Athlete of the Year! She will be honored at the Board of Trustees meeting on January 23.
- Congratulations to Mustang Robotics and Advisor Mr. Chad Pearson! The San Diego Robotics League Finals took place at Montgomery High School last Saturday, January 21 to determine the 2023 League Champions, Skills Award Champion, and award winners. Mustang Robotics Teams 507 D & E are the San Diego Robotics League Champions! Team 507 D is also the Skills Champion. Team 507 D's score of 326 points places them currently as the 35th highest scoring team this season in the entire World! Other recognitions include: 507 A & B - Tournament Finalist; 507 A -Think Award; 507 B - Design Award; 507 D - Excellence Award (Top Award); and 507 E - Amaze Award. We now have 4 out of 5 teams qualified for the California State Championships in March. Awesome job, Mustangs!
- Our Boys Basketball Team won the Battle of the O's (Part I), against Olympian High School last Friday. The game was played at OHS. Our Mustangs will play another game of basketball (Battle of the O's Part II) against the Eagles on Friday, February 3 here at home. Girls Varsity will begin at 5:30 PM while Boys will begin at 7:00 PM.
Reminders and Invitations...
- Otay Ranch High School is proud to host and support RISE: The Black Student and Parent Conference on Saturday, February 4 starting at 9:00 AM. Please see flyer below for more information and to register (QR code).
- Please support The Class of 2023's (Senior Class) virtual fundraiser on Monday, January 23, at any Panda Express nationwide. Monday can be Panda Express Night!😊 Thank you so much!
Our Winter Sports teams (Girls and Boys Soccer, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boys Wrestling, and Girls Water Polo) continue to play with a lot of heart and competitively. I invite you to watch their games and cheer them on. The presence of fans and supporters inspire them to play harder.
We want each of our students to be well and at school. Attendance is still important because being present is the first step to achievement. Being present and on time is even more critical. Being present, on time, and involved at school and with school activities? Most important. It takes all of us working together to ensure the success of our students. Thank you for keeping our Mustangs safe, fed, supported, and loved. Thank you for supporting us in our efforts to keep them achieving, involved, accountable, and safe.
Have a great week! Go Mustangs!
Mary Rose Peralta
Mustang Robotics: League Champions and Awardees!
Team 507 D
San Diego Robotics League Skills Champions, Excellence Award and Tournament Champions...A VEX Robotics Event Trifecta.
Team 507 D & E
San Diego Robotics League Tournament Champions
Team 507 A & B
San Diego Robotics League Tournament Finalists
Campus News and Activities
This Week's Schedule
RISE African American Scholars Conference at ORHS
ORHS Support Groups
22-23 ORH Parent & Family Engagement Policy
College and Career
Financial Aid Presentation in Spanish - January 24
Black College Expo
San Diego County of Education Presents
6th Annual San Diego Black College Expo™
Join us Thursday January 26th 2023 • 12:30pm to 5pm PST
MLK Center at Bayview
6134 Pastor Timothy J Winter St.
San Diego, CA 92114
Opportunities for ALL...Get Accepted on the SPOT, students please bring at least 10 copies your transcripts. ACT or SAT test scores are NOT necessary, however if you have them bring them (some colleges may accept 11th graders on the spot). SDCOE will print transcripts for you on site.
Five Tips to Manage Stress as You Plan Your Future
College Conference at UCSD
- Conference, for staff, parents & students, cost Free, Saturday March 4, 2023, 8:15-3:00 pm in person at UCSD.
This event will include workshops in English and Spanish and is open to all 6-11th grade students, parents/guardians, and advocates on admissions requirements, financial aid, and ability to speak with UCSD students and staff.
Save the Date: Course Selection for 2023-2024
REPORTING AN ABSENCE:
Please use the LINK bit.ly/ORHabsence to report an absence or click the "Attendance Matters" image to the right.
Class of 2023
Click the image below to place your cap and gown order.
Financial Aid Events and College Workshops: Class of 2023
Class of 2023: SUHSD Financial Aid Nights
Wednesday, December 7 from 6 pm - 8 pm at Eastlake High School will be our closest workshop!
Reminder that there are two Saturday Schools remaining for this semester on Dec. 3rd and December 12th.
After-School Tutoring Resumes Jan. 31st
Archived Mustang Corrals...
Why We Do What We Do
VISIONAll students will graduate with the skills, knowledge and commitment to be college and career ready.
Our mission is to prepare students for post-secondary education and career options by fostering a culture of achievement, developing critical thinking skills across all subject areas, instilling a sense of commitment, and creating a community where everyone belongs.
SCHOOLWIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES
- Students will be able to apply math skills to real-world phenomena and problems.
- Students will be able to use academic language in all subjects to support analysis for specific purposes and audiences.
Nondiscrimination Statement/Declaración de no discriminación:
The Sweetwater Union High School District prohibits discrimination, intimidation, harassment (including sexual harassment) or bullying based on a person’s actual or perceived age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, immigration status, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. For questions or complaints, contact Equity Compliance Officer, Dr. Vernon Moore at 1130 Fifth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91911, (619) 691-5564, email@example.com; Title IX Coordinator, Susan Park at 670 L Street, Suite G, Chula Vista, CA 91911, (619) 600-4900, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Section 504 Coordinator Sonia Picos at 1130 Fifth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91911, (619) 691-5564, email@example.com
El distrito Sweetwater Union High School District prohíbe la discriminación, la intimidación, el acoso (que incluye el acoso sexual), o la intimidación escolar (bullying) en función percibida o real de edad, ascendencia, color, discapacidad, género, identidad de género, expresión de género, estado migratorio, nacionalidad, raza, u origen étnico, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, de la persona; o por asociación con una persona o un grupo con una o más de dichas características percibidas o reales. En caso de preguntas o quejas, favor de comunicarse con el Dr. Vernon Moore, Director de Cumplimiento de Equidad en el 1130 Fifth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91911, teléfono (619) 691-5564, firstname.lastname@example.org; o con Susan Park, Coordinadora del Título IX en el 670 L Street, Suite G, Chula Vista, CA 91911, teléfono (619) 600-4900, email@example.com; y con Sonia Picos, Coordinadora del Artículo 504 en el 1130 Fifth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91911, teléfono (619) 691-5564, firstname.lastname@example.org