JPS Week Ahead for Parents
Week of June 10 - 14, 2019
HOT LUNCH IS DONE FOR THE YEAR, THANK YOU ANGELA!
- Gr. 6 - 8 music
- Gr. 3. Gr 4/5s gone to Upper Canada Village
Tuesday, June 11 - Day 5
Wednesday, June 12 - Day 1
- Parent Council meeting - 6 p.m. (French Room)
Thursday, June 13- Day 2
- Gr. 6 - 8 music
Friday, June 14 - Day 3
- Flex Friday #2 (Grades 4-8 students)
- NO HOT LUNCH
Student Pick Up Reminders...
- if you are waiting for your child, please wait in the foyer outside the office, we will call down your child(ren) - please do not go into classrooms or wait outside of the classrooms (the halls are very crowded and busy at the end of the day)
- if you are able to wait until 3:35 to pick up, the staff would very much appreciate having uninterrupted learning time
- if your child(ren) need to leave the school before 3:35, please ensure that they are signed out at the office and the classroom teacher knows that the student is leaving for the day
- please ensure changes in pick-up are provided to the classroom teacher through the agenda or a note, please try to avoid phoning the office
Thank you so much for your understanding!
June 20 - Gr. 8 grad trip
June 21 - Flex Fridays for Gr. 4 - 8 students
June 21 - Parent Council providing hot dogs for students
June 24 - Kindergarten, SK/1, 1/2, 3 classes to Grass Creek Park
June 25 - Gr. 8 Grad
June 26 - final reports go home
June 27 - Arts Assembly (11 a.m.); Recognition Assembly (Gr. 3 - 8) @ 1:45
June 28 - PA Day
It's here! Warm weather is here!!!
- Students will be learning and playing outside more often. Please ensure that students have outdoor shoes that they can run and do phys-ed in - we've had a few accidents on the climber due to flip flops/sandals - students must be wearing running shoes to play on the climber.
- Check the weather in the morning! We're sending the students out for recess even when it is lightly sprinkling. We encourage rubber boots, raincoats/hats, and extra change of clothes!
Lesson Spots Still Available
Ticks and Lyme Disease
Tick season is here. As the weather gets warmer, we recommend that you check your child regularly ito avoid bites and potential for lyme disease. If you would like more information, please contact the health unit or check out the link below.