Pawnee County 4-H Express
4-H & Fair Planning Meeting
Formerly Called Coordinators Meeting
Wednesday, September 25 at 6pm in the Commissioners Room
- The event is open to ALL 4-H members and their families interested in modifying county 4-H policy, adding/dropping classes, or updating the fair book. This is a SOLUTIONS focused meeting. Individuals may share a comment/suggestion/complaint, but the majority of the meeting will be spent on identifying solutions.
- Some of the topics we might discuss: , adding a new class in the fair book, banners/awards, show schedules and number of judges, etc. If you have an interest any of the above topics or have an additional item you want to discuss mark this date on your calendar!
Sunday, November 10 at 5:30 pm at the Poteet Hall
- Come celebrate all your hard work with your 4-H friends at Achievement Night! We will be giving year end awards, handing out ribbon premium checks and coordinating re-enrollment.
- A formal invitation will be sent in October.
The Little Wranglers 4-H Club will serve as the hosts for the evening.
Applying for Year End Awards
Boy scouts and girl scouts have patches youth can earn, 4-H has pins! Now is the time to apply for your project pins and awards. Additionally, youth can apply for scholarship money which can be used to participate in 4-H camps at the county and state level.
Pins and awards will be handed out at Achievement Night in November. This is a great opportunity for 4-Hers to be recognized for all of their hard work throughout the year.
- A youth exhibiting a bucket calf this year might apply for a camp scholarship which can be used to pay the after school workshop fees by using their already submitted bucket calf record book along with a story about breaking their calf to lead and what they learned from this experience.
- A 4-Her may choose to apply for the Outstanding Citizenship Award by submitting a Nebraska 4-H Annual Achievement Application and a paragraph describing what they did and learned from a service project they completed this year.
- A youth can apply for the 4-H Flop Award by completing a static record book along with writing paragraph about have they tripped while carrying their decorated cupcakes to the car for static check in and they could not show them.
The applications and record books can be found on our website (https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/pawnee/member-resources/).
All Award Applications are Due October 3!
Upcoming Deadlines & Events
5 State Fair Static Items can be picked up
25 4-H & Fair Planning Meeting (Coordinators Meeting), Commissioners Room, 6pm
3 Deadline for Awards Application
6-12 National 4-H Week7 4-H Foundation Meeting, Commissioners Room, 7pm
10 Achievement Celebration, Poteet Hall, 5:30pm
Nebraska Extension - Pawnee County
Extension is a Division of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln cooperating with the Counties and the United States Department of Agriculture. The 4-H Youth Development program abides with the nondiscrimination policies of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the United States Department of Agriculture.