SEES Weekly Bulletin
December Edition: Week of December 14th
Count Down to Winter Break!
December 14 - 18
Monday, 12/14 Mr. Miringoff will announce student and teacher teams for the Great Obstacle Race
Monday, 12/14 5th grade AR Extra Recess Award, 1:35-1:55
Tuesday, 12/15 3/4th grade AR Extra Recess Award, 1:35-1:55
Tuesday, 12/15 SMUSD Board Meeting "Hour of Code and Beyond at SEES" 6:30pm at the District Office
Wednesday, 12/16 Annual Holiday Potato Bar Lunch, hosted with love, appreciation and warm wishes for a wonderful winter break, by Carolyn
Wednesday, 12/16 1/2 grade AR Extra Recess Award, 1:35-1:55
Wednesday 12/16 Early Release Day for Grade Level PLC
Wednesday 12/16 ELAC/Enrichment Club Presentation 6pm - 7pm in the Library
Wednesday 12/16 PTO Star Party! 6pm - 8pm
Thursday 12/17 Input SoM and Mom award info, print certificates and submit for signing https://sites.google.com/a/smusd.org/san-elijo-staff/resources/awards
Thursday 12/17 SEES Holiday Party 4:30pm at Nancy Paulson's home: 325 Glendale Ave., San Marcos. (driving directions below)
Friday, 12/18 (see below for full schedule)
- 8:50am HUGE Flag Salute: SoM Responsibility: I will be a good citizen and neighbor, MoM: I can use models to show my work in different ways, AR Awards, Athlete of the Month Award.
- 9:30am The Great Obstacle Race, on the field
- Minimum Day Dismissal 12:55/ Kinder 8:15-11:50 No PE and no lunch
Have a wonderful winter break!
Monday, 1/11 No Student Day, Staff Professional Development (see below for schedule)
Wednesday, 1/13 Early Release Day, Grade Level PLC
Thursday, 1/14 Instructional Services Walk-through
Duty schedule for the week of Dec. 14th - Look for the New Duty Schedule in January
Schedule for Friday, December 18th
- 8:15 - 8:45....recover from the Holiday Party.....
- 8:50-9:25- Flag Salute (Student of the Month, Athlete of the Month, Mathematician of the Month, A.R. awards) All awards stand in place except Student of the Month, they come up.
- 9:30- The Great Obstacle Race on the field consisting of 3 teams. Team 1: Miringoff + 5 students, Team 2: Kalicki+ 5 students, Team 3: 6 teachers.
- Grades 3-5 recess times stay the same
- 1st/2nd grade recess: 11:10-11:30
- Kinder recess will be the following:
- 10:20-10:40- Barrios/Miller
- 10:40-11:00- Avella/Shreve
- 11:00-11:20- Hainey/Kreger
- 11:20-11:40- Schwalbe/Meeker
- No lunches for all grades
- Kinder and TK day is 8:15-11:50
- Grades 1-5 day is 8:45-12:55
AR Extra Recess Award This Week
Every student who received a new color band or enough points to get an A.R. raffle ticket has earned an extra recess with music this week.
Monday, December 14th 1:35-155- 5th grade
Tuesday, December 15th 1:35-1:55- 3/4 grade
Wednesday, December 16th 1:35-1:55 1/2 grade
It's a Busy Week at SEES
SEES Holiday Party
Thursday, Dec. 17th, 4:30pm
325 Glendale Avenue
San Marcos, CA
Prepare for Rainy Day Dismissal
Kindergarten families will walk directly to the classroom if it is raining during dismissal time.
Students in grades 1-5 need to know if their parents will drive up or walk to the classroom for pick up.
- We will open gates at 3:00pm for parents to walk onto campus and pick their child up directly from the classroom. Parents need to be prepared to give student name and teacher name to enter our campus.
- Drive up parents need to be prepared with their child's name, grade and teacher on a piece of paper. This expedites our pick process. Students being picked up at drive up will wait in the cafeteria.
- Any and all help with rainy day dismissal is SO appreciated.
Character Trait for December: Responsibility - Do Your Share!
Here is the link to our Character Trait Scope and Sequence for the 2015-2016 year: https://docs.google.com/a/smusd.org/document/d/1vm4Ug5nWd8r2wuKgCEtvPnemg8SgKPT-5MUXjopwPs8/edit?usp=sharing
December: Responsibility - Do Your Share
"I will be a good citizen and neighbor."7 Habits – Put First Things First
Week 1 How can you be responsible in our community?
Week 2 How can you be responsible at home?
Week 3 How can you be responsible during Flag Salute?
The Responsibility Rap – Buckalope Elementary
Responsibilities – PBS Kids: Betsy’s Kindergarten Adventures
Character Trait of the Month: Responsibility www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLyOphNzdI
Clifford’s Good Deeds by Norman Bridwell
Helping Out by George Ancona
Let’s Talk About Being Helpful by Joy Berry
I Can Do It! By Sarah Albee
We Are Citizens by Laine Falk
Three Good Deeds by Vivian Vande Velde
Medio Pollito/Half-Chicken by Alma Flor Ada
Nag, Nag, Nag.....December 18 is the Last Day to Take the Speak Up Survey!
Tally yourself and your classroom on the tally chart in the Teachers' Lounge. The reward is......wait for it.......donuts!
- Click http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2015/ to take the survey
- Select your group - e.g. students, parents, educators, community, group surveys
- Search for your school by entering your zip code or by selecting your state and selecting your school's name from the list
- Only STUDENTS require a password to complete the survey. The password for SMUSD students is: NCPDFSMIS
Thank you! Let's have a great SEES showing!
Chromebook cart reservation for December
January 11th Professional Development Day Schedule
Elementary Session Schedule
Check in: 8:00 - 8:15
Session 1: 8:15 - 9:45
Session 2: 10:00 - 11:30
Lunch: 11:30 - 12:30
Illuminate Training (back at site): 12:30 - 2:00
Planning Time 2:00- 3:00