Date: October 6, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds."
Finally! Fall has arrived and hopefully the 90 plus degree heat is behind us. Thank you for your time and efforts in planning curriculum night this Tuesday. It is important that our parents have this opportunity to visit your classrooms and get a better understanding of how their children are learning. We hope that it all goes well. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To Nurse Sova for scheduling and handling hearing and vision screening! To all grade levels for the extra time planning for curriculum night this Tuesday!
- Wednesday: We will have PD sessions this week: K-1 STEAM, 2-3 ELA, 4-5 Math
- SLO's: We will meet with grade levels during PLC's this Tuesday to conduct the Fall SLO meetings. For non-grade level teachers, administration will schedule a time with you.
- Curriculum Night: We will be providing dinner to staff members at 5:00 the evening of curriculum night. It will be a pizza dinner and drinks.
- Rezoning Elementary and Middle School Attendance Lines: The school district will be sharing a draft/proposal for the new attendance lines this Tuesday evening at the school board meeting. The district will post the draft following the meeting and receive feedback for two weeks prior to making a recommendation to the board.
- Turning into Ice Cream Sundae's: We will be getting turned into ice cream sundae's this Thursday at 1:15. The event will be on the bus loop. We will call grade levels to go to the bus loop beginning around 1:05. 5th grade can come out right after lunch. We will be having students participate.
- Parent Conferences & 10/21 Workday: We are approaching that time of year when you will be scheduling parent conferences. You may schedule these as your schedule allows, but do not schedule conferences during PLC meetings or Wednesday afternoons. We are not holding any meetings on the 10/21 workday, so this whole day can be used for conferences if you like.
Jessie Tomlinson, 10/10
Britany Napolitano, 10/11
- 10/7-10/11: Book Fair
- 10/8: Curriculum Night, School Board Meeting at 6:00
- 10/9: K&3rd - Fire Prevention Week FMFD Presentations
- 10/10: Admin Turned into Ice Cream Sundaes at 1:15
- 10/11: Blue Pops, Hosting Elementary School Principal's Meeting 10:00-2:00
- 10/14: Anti Bullying Assemblies (4th, 1st, K at 8:00 & 5th, 2nd, 3rd at 9:00), Hosting District Reading Coach Meeting, School Board visit 12:15-1:00