November 8, 2019
Congratulations to our STING Ticket winners!
Congratulations to our November Hornet Hero, Mrs. Cleary!
From Ms. Gover
I am really excited about the Sport Stacking unit we are currently doing in PE. Sport Stacking is an exciting sport where students stack and unstack 12-specially designed cups (Speed Stacks). Sport Stacking uses both sides of the body and brain developing important athletic and academic skills.
One of my goals, as a Physical Educator, is to promote activity at home through positive alternatives to computer, television and video game screen time. I believe that Sport Stacking is a unique, fun and simple activity that motivates kids to get up and move.
I have Speed Stacks Sets and StackMats for students to purchase here at the school with an added benefit of raising funds for our PE program.
Here’s why you should participate:
· Sport Stacking is healthy for kids.
· Sets are $20.00. Pro Series 2 sets are $25.00. StackMats (mat, timer and gear bag) are $25.00. You pay no shipping, PLUS, the school will earn a percentage of your purchase in equipment for our PE program.
· Speed Stacks Sets and StackMats are available for immediate purchase. ‘First come, First served’ on color and design choices.
Act now, I have a limited supply of colors and quantities. I plan to close our New Group Order on 11/22/19. All orders must be paid with a credit card. To purchase your student’s Speed Stacks Set and/or StackMat, go to this link, choose your school and place your order. www.speedstacks.com/go/ After you place the order, print out the receipt and have your student bring the receipt to me to pick up their item(s). Please encourage your student to have a second choice in mind since it is ‘First come, First served’ on color and design choices.
Thank you for supporting our Physical Education Program!
Updates from the PTO
- We are looking for Parent Volunteers to help us with Duty Free Lunch and Staff Birthday Treats on Wednesday, November 13th! Please visit www.goldhillpto.membershiptoolkit.com click “volunteers” to sign up and for more information!
- You are invited to come to the PTO meeting Thursday November 14th at 6:30pm in the GHES cafeteria.
- Our next spirit night is at Brixx Pizza in Kingsley on November 19th from 5-8pm. Please join us! A portion of all proceeds will benefit our school.
The PTO and GHES teachers/staff would like to give a Special THANKS to Adam Leach with Edward Jones for sponsoring the teacher lounge for the month of November. Thanks Adam Leach!
Check out his Facebook page at...