Jackson Family Weekly Update
The Office Squad was Happy to Welcome Kids and Families Back
Jill Cliburn, Proud Jackson Principal
First Full Week of School Arrival Information
- We will begin our regular morning procedures on Monday. All students will either go to breakfast or go to the gym. In the gym they will sit with their class.
- Beginning Monday, August 22, ALL visitors will need to use their driver's license or state issued ID to sign in at the kiosk in the office. Please allow extra time to sign in.
- The Good Morning Jackson Assembly will begin at 7:40.
- Parents are allowed to go to the gym. Please stand to the sides or at the back to allow room for students to sit with their classmates.
- Parents should leave the building following the assembly unless they have made prior arrangements with the teacher to volunteer in their child's classroom.
- For safety and security purposes, we ask that all visitors leave through the main front doors. This helps us assure that all other exterior doors are shut and locked securely.
Arrival and Dismissal Information
AlphaBEST Before School Care: 6:30 AM - 7:25 AM - If your child is enrolled in the AlphaBEST before school care program, please enter through the south cafeteria doors. The front doors are locked until 7:25 and staff is not on site until 7:15.
ARRIVAL 7:25 - 7:50 AM : All students enter through the main front doors
Car Rider Drop Off Line: North Circle Drive
- It is ONE WAY!! Enter from the west (closest to the playground)
- Make two lines
- Pull up to the crosswalk before letting your child out of the car
- PARENTS STAY IN THE CAR
- If your child is not ready to get out of the car you will be asked to pull forward or park to allow the line to keep moving.
- If your child needs assistance getting out of the car, please park and walk them to the door or to a staff member
Walker or Parent Walk Up
- Park on a side street (please do not block neighborhood driveways), cross at designated crosswalks, DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR CHILD IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL
Bus and Daycare Riders
- The front circle drive is reserved for buses and day care vehicles
DISMISSAL: 2:50 PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING DISMISSAL
- YOU MUST HAVE A PARENT WALK UP SIGN TO PICK YOUR CHILD UP AT PARENT WALK UP ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE BUILDING BY THE GYM.
- OR A CAR RIDER TAG TO PICK YOUR CHILD UP IN THE CAR RIDER LINE IN THE NORTH CIRCLE DRIVE.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CAR RIDER OR PARENT WALK UP SIGN, PLEASE STOP BY THE OFFICE IN THE MORNING TO GET ONE. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PICK YOUR CHILDREN UP AT CAR RIDERS OR WALK UP WITHOUT A SIGN.
CAR RIDERS -Pulling through the north circle drive, parents not getting out of their cars
- Your car rider tag must be hanging from your rearview mirror
- Enter the north circle drive on the west (closest to the playground) side,
- Make two lanes
- Pull up to the crosswalk
- Students will be escorted to their cars
PARENT WALK UP & WALKERS - Parents park your car, walk up to the south gym doors and greet their child
- Parents gather on the south side of the gym behind the sidewalk
- Parents must be on school property to get their students.
- Parents will need the Parent Walk Up Sign with their child's name on it
- There will be cones outside showing you where to stand to meet your child. Please stand at the section that is the grade level of your youngest child.
- Students are dismissed by grade level from the gym to meet parents
- STUDENTS WHO ARE WALKING SHOULD GO STRAIGHT HOME. THERE IS NO SUPERVISION AT ROTARY PARK AFTER SCHOOL
BUSES AND DAYCARE
- Students who ride buses or daycare vans after school will be dismissed to the gym, will sit according to bus or day care and will be escorted to their bus/van by school staff.
AlphaBEST After School Care -
- Students enrolled in the AlphaBEST After School Care Program will be escorted to the cafeteria by school staff.
Please be patient with us as we assure each student gets with the right grown up. At the beginning of school as we are learning each child's family and dismissal takes a little longer. It will smooth out after a couple of weeks.
Celebrate the First Full Week of School With Shipley's Donuts -This Thursday - Sunday, August 25 - 28, Mention Jackson Elementary when you order and Jackson will receive 20% of the proceeds.
Geo Alerts for Buses Now Available on your Phones
Transfinder Corporation is now offering the Stopfinder application for your Android or iPhone devices. This application will enable you to set up GeoAlerts so you can receive notifications when the school bus has arrived at your student’s morning stop, arrived at school, left school, and arrived at your student’s afternoon stop.
I would highly recommend you visit the normanpublicschools.org web page and click on the Transportation tab, then scroll down the right side where you will see the STOPFINDER section, and click on WATCH VIDEO, and a three-minute instructional video will explain everything.
You should have received an invitation from Transfinder, via email to activate your subscription on 08/12/2022. Please make sure that your email in Infinite Campus is correct. Email is the only way to get your invitation to this app. The STOPFINDER app is available for download at the Google Play Store or Apple Store. At first, you will only view your student's bus information, after a few days will start receiving the GEO Alerts from the bus.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need your invitation resent, do not contact your school, instead, please contact Transportation Services at 405-366-5965, or my email address listed below.