Journey Through Sixth Grade
Week March 14th
Things to look forward to...
- March 15: B Team Track Meet at High Point
- March 16: League Track Meet at CalTech
- March 17: St. Patrick's Day Snack Bar, Morning Recess
- March 17: St. Patrick's Day Accessories with Uniform
- March 17: Conference Parent Portal Closes at 3 pm
- March 17: Middle School Talent Show
- March 18: Need-Based Conference
- March 18: No School; Extended Programs Open
- March 24: Half Day; Stations of the Cross; Extended Programs Open
- March 25 & 28: Extended Programs Closed
- March 29-April 1: Extended Programs Open
- March 25-April 3: Easter Break
Need Based Conferences - March 18th
- We recommend an appointment if the child is earning an 80% or below in the class (please refer to Schoology for these details).
- Teacher has made comments about behavior/citizenship not meeting expectations.
- There are multiple missing assignments.
- The teacher has requested to meet with you.
If your child is doing well academically and you do not need to meet, but would still like to communicate with your child’s teacher, please feel free to call or email the teacher(s).
Do the Hustle
To get the community into the disco spirit, the annual Kick-Off Community Day will be Friday April 8, counting down to Studio MJS on May 7. The WORLD RECORD for largest group Hustle stands at 590. With our students, faculty, staff, parents and special friends we can break this record and get MJS into the record books! Students will learn the Hustle at home and with their School families through the video below. On Friday, April 8, we will come together at lunchtime to make this happen! Special thanks to Lisa Byrne and the 5th grade students who led the charge on the creation of this video.
Director of Advancement
iPad Program 2016
Please see attached iPad letter for information on the iPad Partnership program for the 2016-2017 academic year. If you have any questions, or would just like to chat technology, shoot me an email and we can set up a meeting time.