Friday, February 1, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Required staff meeting Monday, February 4. Please click on the following link to sign up for a breakout session that fits your professional development needs. https://goo.gl/forms/IvPoFWRlnx0qNemE2
- National School Counseling Week 2019, Feb 4-8, "School Counselors: Providing Lessons for Life." This week we celebrate our school counselors! These dedicated professionals care for our students and are needed now more than ever!
- Please help us keep the displayed art work looking nice. When visiting the bathroom after lunch, please have your students line up away from the divider rope / art bulletin board. There have been several instances of damaged artwork and the divider rope being damaged. Thank you for your help!
Dental Forms have been placed in your boxes to give to students to take home on Monday. When they return them, please put them in Nurse Mears' box.
The Battle of the Books team will have a skype battle with a team from Statesville, NC Thursday, February 7 at 9:00. Please allow these students to come to the Media Center at that time.
The Media Center will be closed on Tuesday due to Ms. Harris' absence.
PLINKO - Chocolate Sale Reward, Thursday, February 7 @ 2:00
- Some of the 8th Graders will be testing NAPE on Monday, February 4, 2019. Staff, students have received a reminder card and a letter to inform them of the test. Please note that testing will take place in the Media Center. The Media Center will be closed on Monday, February 4, 2019. Students should be quiet while moving in the hallway.
- Eighth-grade teachers have received an e-mail of students who are testing.
- Shout to Mrs. Snell for going beyond to ensure a student was safe when we received a call that our student was on the side of a highway.
- Shout Out to all EC teachers (Mrs. Motz, Mrs. Peek, Mrs. Houg, Mrs. Dial, & Mrs. Covington) who have faithfully helped and ensured that all students have been tested. Truly Jewels!
- Shout Out to Mrs. Sioco who has openly shared her culture with many of the staff members. We appreciate your kindness and openness.
- Thank you to Mrs. Allen, Ms. Kingston, Ms. Sagastume, Mr Bream, Mr. Cotton, Mr. Lawson, Mrs. Miller, Mr. & Mrs. Elley, Ms. Francis, and Mr. Cain for helping with the Homecoming dance! We had a great turnout!
- February 4- Faculty Meeting (Required)
February 4 - 8- National School Counselor Week
- February 4 - Staff Meeting
- February 4- NAEP 8th Grade ELA/Math
- February 6- Report Cards go home
- February 7- Chocolate Sales PLINKO Reward @ 2:00
- February 8- Awards Program 8:45 (7th & 8th Grade) 9:55 (6th Grade)
February 12- CLUBS
February 13- Wacky Wednesday
February 15- TLC
February 18 - SIT Meeting
February 20- PBIS Celebration
February 21 - ½ day for students/Parent-Teacher Conference