Types of mining
A) The two types of mining and their differences
- its Safer and easier than subsurface mining.
- Does more damage to the surface ecosystems than subsurface
- Creates more of a mess than subsurface
- Not much widespread damage to ecosystems
- Difficult and expensive to dig
- Very dangerous conditions can include collapses, released gases, particulates in the air, low oxygen, and heat
comparison of land drilling vs. ocean drilling
What is fracking?
Fracking is the process of drilling down into the earth.
how it os done?
Water, sand and chemicals are injected into the rock at high pressure that allows the gas to flow out to the well.The process can be vertically or the common way ,by drilling horizontally to the rock layer and that can create new pathways to release gas or can be used to extend existing channels.
1) strip mining: elimination of soil and rock above a layer, followed by the removal of the exposed mineral.
When overweight is too thick.
excavate or cut in the surface of the earth for the purpose of extracting the ore and is open to the surface