Golden Eagle Times
March 19, 2018
3/20-First Floral Design Class, 2:45-4:15 PM, Mrs. Samson's classroom
3/21-Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences for junior high and high school, 5-8 PM
3/22-Josten's graduation product delivery, 11 AM-12:40 PM, Cafeteria
3/24-Marshmallow Drop, 2 PM, Napoleon Airport
3/26-JCEC Parent Meeting for 8-11 grade students, 5:30 PM, CCHS Library
3/29-Half day for students and staff
3/30-4/6-Spring Break, no school for students and staff
4/9-4/13 New York trip, Testing Week
4/18-Junior High Spring Pictures
4/19-Job Shadowing, 11th grade
4/27 & 4/29-Junior High Play, The Trial of the Big, Bad Wolf
4/28-Prom, 8-11 PM, Jackson College Potter Center
5/1-Seniors must report their commitment to Jackson County Early College
5/7, 5/8, 5/10, 5/11-Senior Exit Interviews
5/17 &5/18-Senior Exams
5/18-Senior last day
5/29-Seniors Honors Dinner-Invitation Only
5/29-Senior Awards Night, 7 PM
5/30-Senior Photos, 8 AM
Senior Breakfast, 10 AM
Senior Graduation Practice, mandatory for all seniors, directly following breakfast
Senior Parade through the elementary schools, approx 2 PM
6/1-Graduation, Jackson College Potter Center, 7 PM
6/6-Last day of school, half day of school
Please join us for Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences at Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School!
Students and parents are invited to the Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School Spring Conferences on Wednesday, March 21 from 5-8 PM. The evening will offer:
- A chance to review your child's progress.
- Opportunities to encourage further growth in each academic area.
- Possible course recommendations for the next school year.
- Special presentations and student work displayed in the building.
- Raffles for free prize giveaways to those who attend.
Important Testing Dates for Columbia Central Jr./Sr. High School
Columbia Central High School Spring Testing Calendar
- April 10, Grades 9, 10 & 11, SAT, PSAT 9 & 10
- April 11, Grade 11, ACT WorkKeys
- April 12, Grade 11, Science and Social Studies M-STEP
Columbia Central Junior High Spring Testing Calendar
- April 17 & 18, Grade 8, English Language Arts M-STEP
- April 19 & 20, Grade 8, Math M-STEP
- April 23, Grade 8, Science and Social Studies M-STEP
- May 1 & 2, Grade 7, English Language Arts M-STEP
- May 3 & 4, Grade 7, Math M-STEP
Congratulations to the cast and crew of Nice Work If You Can Get It! What an amazing production! We are so proud of your hard work.
Jackson County Early College Update
Seniors will need to declare their enrollment in the JCEC program by May 1, 2018. Please contact Mrs. Diefenthaler with questions.
There will be an informational parent meeting for students in grades 8-11 on March 26 at 5:30 PM in our library.
Please check out their Facebook page or website for more information:
LCAA Senior Scholar Athletes Recognized
Congratulations to the following students on earning the LCAA Senior Scholar-Athlete Award. A dinner was held March 11th at Adrian College to honor their hard work. Way to go!
Columbia Central High School Scholar Athletes
Congratualtions to our Golden Eagles of the Week 3/5-3/9 and 3/12-3/16
Congratulations to the Columbia Central High School musicians for their performances at the State Solo & Ensemble!
Congratulations to the following students on their outstanding performances this past Saturday at Okemos High School. These students earned a Superior Rating at Districts in February and had the opportunity to move on to State Solo and Ensemble.
Yuki Rizzo, Austin Petrie, Josh Spindelman, and Grace Willoughby performed their Saxophone Quartet.
Zach Hyliard performed his Clarinet Solo.
Anna Parkinson performed a flute solo.
We are so proud of your hard work!
Important Information from Mrs. Diefenthaler!
- AP exams have been ordered. The tests will be held between May 7-18.
- There will be a Jackson County Early College Parent/Student Information Night on Monday, March 26 at 5:30 PM in the high school media center. Any interested students in 8-12 grades are invited to attend.
- Scheduling for the 2018-19 school year will begin April 17. Please keep on the lookout for information coming home from the students about signing up for classes.
Baker College is offering a special STEM opportunity for interested 7 and 8 grade girls, April 26, 2018. Please read the form below for information and instructions to register. The space is limited to 20 girls.
Business Professionals of America State Leadership Conference
Congratulations to Mr. Parkinson and the students who participated in the BPA State Leadership Conference! The students worked extremely hard in all of their competitions.
Allison McDevitt, Parker Miller, Daniel Yang, and Yuki Rizzo competed in “Presentation Management Team” and finished 8th in the state!
Tanner Stevens competed in “Administrative Support Research Project” and finished 4th in the state!