Distance Learning Info 11/16-12/4
PARENT NEWS! Canyon Ridge DL - How it Works
WHAT TO DO FIRST!
- All students should work on the "GO PACK" paper/pencil lessons for 2 days. This includes students who are on quarantine.
- Free meals are available for drive-by pick-up at CRI cafeteria door - 11am - 1pm.
- Students WITHOUT access to technology - must pick up additional work this Tuesday between 2pm - 6pm. Parents turn in students' work and exchange it for more work in CRI Lobby on Mon., 11/30, 2pm - 6pm.
- Students WITH technology - have a Google Meeting with homeroom teachers & begin online work (with lots of help!); each day they will have 2 Google class meetings to help them. Links coming soon!
- Students WITHOUT technology should have picked up additional paper assignments Tuesday; they work on assignments in all classes everyday and exchange completed work for more assignments on Mon. 11/30 at CRI
STUDENTS WHO NEED A "GO PACK":
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GO PACK, BE SURE TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD'S GO PACK ON MONDAY @ CRI between 8am and 6pm, so your child will have their work to do.
Or you may print the assignments using the following links:
Go Packs contain work for your child to do on Monday & Tuesday (Nov. 16 & 17).
All students received these Go Packs at the first of the year, and they were sent home again with students last Friday. Keep the empty folders in a safe place to store future Go-Packs.
STUDENTS who are currently on quarantine:
- Stop working in CANVAS on Monday and Tuesday and complete the Go Pack assignments for Monday and Tuesday instead. Then resume working in Canvas on Wednesday.
- Teachers will be adjusting online module/lesson dates for this week to allow time for all students to complete Go Packs first.
WEDNESDAY - WE KICK OFF "ONLINE" DISTANCE LEARNING:
If your child has access to technology, they should join WEDNESDAY'S ONLINE GOOGLE CLASS MEETING with their FIRST BLOCK TEACHER. Your child's 1st block teacher will make sure kids & parents know how to login & complete work using CANVAS. We are here to help every step of the way!
Most days, students will have 2 Google Meeting times for Homework Help with one of their core teachers & a life app teacher:
- 5th grade: 9:am and 12pm
- 6th grade: 10am and 1pm
NOTE: There's a great CRI Canvas Help Request Link to request quick one-on-on assistance, as well as, How-To Videos, and great Tips located at bottom of this newsletter.
Thanksgiving Week of 11/23 - No school
STUDENTS WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY - IMPORTANT DATES:
- TUESDAY, 11/17 BETWEEN 2PM & 6PM - PICK UP WORK. Parents of students without access to technology must PICK UP WORK ON TUESDAY btwn 2 - 6pm
(Work for Wed, Thurs, & Friday.)
- Thanksgiving Week 11/23 - No school
- MONDAY, 11/30 - BETWEEN 2PM & 6PM - EXCHANGE OF WORK: Parents of students without access to technology must return all completed work from this week to CRI lobby and pick up all assignments for the entire week of 11/30 - 12/4.
LIBRARY BOOKS - CURBSIDE DELIVERY! GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO KEEP KIDS READING!
Kids can check out library books online with curbside pickup of books at Canyon Ridge!
- Library book pick up is available daily during Distance Learning at CRI!
Plus, access our MPS digital eBooks & audiobooks.
Click here to find out more!
FREE MEALS: 11am - 1pm @ CRI
FREE Meals will be available at Canyon Ridge Intermediate for drive-up service from 11am-1pm during Distance Learning on November 16 - 20 and November 30 – Dec. 4, 2020. Use the South Drive, follow the Daycare Bus route and stop by the cafeteria doors. If you have multiple children in multiple schools, you may pick up meals for your school-age children at one school site. Simply provide the names of your children and their home schools.
CANVAS HELP REQUEST FORM:
Canvas Login Help Link
CANVAS HELP, TIPS, & HOW-TO VIDEOS:
SAMPLE SCHEDULES TO HELP YOUR CHILD AT HOME:
Go Pack Folders went home Friday!
Go Packs are used for the first 2 days of Distance Learning or during future inclement weather. Students should complete the work, but save the empty folder at home for future Go-Packs!
We will miss our students!
Work hard, & we will see you soon!
Students honored veterans!
Students continued throughout the week to honor veterans & remember the sacrifices continually made. Thank you, Veterans, for your service to our country!
Go Pack Folders went home Friday!
You are our CRI Family.
Your child's teachers & our staff care so much about your child. Please reach out to us if you need us!
Teacher contacts on CRI website
Principal: Kathy Blackwell firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Principal: George Meiwes email@example.com
5th gr. Counselor: Chelsea Hinkle firstname.lastname@example.org
6th gr. Counselor: Patti Lindsey email@example.com
Admin. Asst.: Paula Allison firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin. Asst.: Kathy Neuenschwander email@example.com
Librarian: Michelle Tobler firstname.lastname@example.org
Cafeteria Manager: Linda Riggs email@example.com