Kaikōura Suburban School
Newsletter 16 - Friday 18 November 2022
He pānui o te tumuaki - A note from Whaea Alicia
My apologies that this newsletter was one week late, last week I had to leave Kaikōura urgently to take Pearl to the A & E in Christchurch. We had to spend a few days there while she recovered from a nasty quadricep injury from athletics day.
It was so wonderful to have a great day of junior athletics here, where our tamariki welcomed Te Kura o Hapuku to spend the day with us.
Our pool is up and running and swimming is a welcome part of our school day, thanks so much to Lloyd our pool caretaker for keeping our pool in such beautiful condition.
We welcome all whānau/parents an information evening on Thursday 24th November where our team will share how to access your child/rens' profile. We hope to showcase what you can expect in terms of real time reporting of your child's learning journey heading from 2022 - 2023.
Please note that we have a teacher only day on Monday 21st November.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, kia pai te wa whakata.
- Wednesday 16 - Friday 18 Nov - Toroa Class Camp - Peketa Holiday Park
- Monday 21 Nov - Teacher Only Day - School Closed
- Thursday 24 Nov - Hero Evening - 6:00 pm
- Monday 28 Nov - Cycle Sense Year 5 - 6
- Monday 28 Nov - Friday 2 Dec - Scholastic Book Week
- Tuesday 29 Nov - Cycle Sense Year 6 Only
- Friday 1 Dec - Book Character Dress Up Day
- Monday 12 Dec - Year 6 Overnight Camp - Mt Fyffe Hut
- Tuesday 13 Dec - Fyffe Palmer & Mt Fyffe Walk - Whole School
- Thursday 15 Dec - Year 6 Leavers Assembly - 6:00 pm
- Friday 16 Dec - Term 4 Ends
We hope your Birthday is full of wonderful surprises!
From the Suburban Whānau
Catching Up With The Toroa's...
In mathematics we have been looking at data collection. We chose to ask people their favourite genre of music, with the end goal being to host a disco!
Some other questions we asked, alongside the genre, were about the different disco conditions that people liked or disliked: e.g. loud or quiet music, dark or light room.
With this data, as a celebration of our hard work and learning, we held a disco on Friday lunch time where we invited all who helped us complete our survey.
With all this hot weather, we have been doing lots of swimming and enjoying spending time with our fellow Titi students in the pool!
Athletics day at the Kaikoura Primary school was awesome and we all had a great time.
All the students did really well and some even placings - well done!
Look out for the next newsletter for camp updates.