Southside Elementary News
Week of 10/18/2021
From Mrs. Morrow and Mrs. Fureigh
School will dismiss at 2:00 on Tuesday and Thursday for Parent/Teacher Conferences.
There is NO SCHOOL on Friday, October, 22nd!
Car Drop Off
Red Ribbon Week - October 25-29
The play will cost $3. Again, only 3rd and 4th grade students will attend this play.
Flu Vaccination Clinic
Monday, October 18th: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Cabot High School Loft (Available to high school students only and Cabot District Staff)
Friday, October 22nd: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cabot Health Unit (For all students and staff)
VISION AND HEARING SCREENINGS
PAW Pride: Self-Direct
Impact Aid forms
Parent/Teacher Conferences and report cards
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held:
Tuesday, October 19: 2:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 20: 2:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Cabot School District will dismiss early at 2:00 p.m. on both days.
There is NO SCHOOL, Friday, October 22.
Safety Protocols & Requirements:
*Face coverings are highly recommended
*One family will be allowed in a classroom at a time
*Please arrive on time
*We ask that you only visit assigned classroom
Pre-K-6th Parent/Teacher Conferences:
Pre-K-6th grade parents will sign up for an appointment time with their student’s teacher. Appointment times will be available from 2:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
If you prefer a virtual or phone call parent/teacher conference, please communicate that with your teacher. You will still need to sign up for an appointment time.
Link to COVID Info - FAQs
Thank you for your help with this!
- Cabot Public Schools has taken measures to ensure that district issued Chromebooks are safe to use.
- The Chromebooks you received from the district are controlled by the Cabot Public Schools network.
- Once a student logs into the device, the district can track how it is being used, where it is located, and control what is being downloaded.
- GoGuardian has been installed on each Chromebook. This application restricts access to things on the internet that are inappropriate. Students will only be able to install approved software on their Chromebook. However, no filter will catch everything.
- Please continue to monitor your child's use with a Chromebook.
Monthly Birthday Celebration
Our day of celebration for October birthdays will be held on:
Friday, October 29th
We will not be celebrating with treats on any other day of the month. We have very strict guidelines that allot only a certain amount of days to be able to have treats throughout the year. If you choose to send treats, please reach out to your child's teacher to discuss types of snacks to bring. Please drop treats off in the office and someone will take them down to the classroom. Parents will not be able to celebrate in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
Important Upcoming Dates:
19th and 21st: Parent/Teacher Conferences 2:30-7:00 ----- school dismisses at 2:00!
20: Unity Day
22: NO SCHOOL
25-29: Red Ribbon Week - More info to come!!
29: PAW Pride - Self-direct
29: Classroom Birthday Celebration
1: FREAKY FRIDAY play at Cabot High School - 3rd and 4th grades ONLY
9: STEM Day at Southside (more info coming soon!)
17: Picture Retakes