Tech Tip Tuesdays!
Tips, Tricks, & Hidden Gems
TAKE A SCREENSHOT
Why would you need to take a screenshot?
Screenshots are snapshots, or pictures, of what's displayed on your computer/device screen.
A common reason to use screenshots is to send the image of a tech-related problem you are experiencing to the HelpDesk or to me. It can also be useful when communicating with students, especially when they've encountered a problem that needs visuals to be better understood.
How to take a screenshot on Mac, PC, iOS, and Android: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
Screenshot on iPhone and iPad
Screenshot on Android
Screenshot on a PC
- Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. This will capture an image of your entire screen and copy it to the clipboard.
- Open Paint from the Accessories section in your Start menu (located in the bottom left-hand corner of screen).
- With a blank canvas open, press Ctrl+V to paste the image onto the canvas. You can also right-click on the canvas and select Paste.
- Click File, then Save to name your image and save it to the location you desire.
- You can also paste the screenshot into other programs, such as Word or into the body of an email. Simply open the program that you want to paste the image into and press Ctrl+V.