The Starside Communication - February 12, 2016
A Message From Your Principal
Greetings, Starside Families!
Thank you to the many families and guardians who attended our Parent-Teacher Conferences. We love showing off our building and the student-led projects our teachers and students work hard to create. We are proud of the teamwork and collaboration taking place between our Starside staff, students, and the De Soto Community.
I would also like to thank our generous PTA for the delicious dinner spread provided for our teachers throughout conferences. The variety of warm soups, breads, and desserts made for a filling and wonderful dinner on Wednesday. Additionally, our teachers couldn't say enough great things about (or stop eating) the PTA-provided nacho bar during the day on Thursday! A huge "Thank you!" to our PTA parents, Amy Freeman and Erin Krehbiel, for organizing such delicious meals for us.
Now it is time for some well-deserved family time over the next several days. I hope you enjoy this time with your child(ren) and have some exciting adventures planned. We look forward to greeting our students with a smile when they return on Tuesday, February 16th.
Go Team Comets!
Notes from the Lunchroom
- 16 - Classes Resume
- 16 - Spring Pictures
- 26 - Bingo Night
- 2 - House of Children Pre-Enrollment Fair 5-7:00 pm
- 10 - End of Third Quarter
- 11 - No school for all students-1/2 Professional In-Service; 1/2 Teacher Workday
- 3/14/16 (Monday) - 3/18/16 (Friday) - No School for all Students and Staff - Building Closed - SPRING BREAK!
- 21- Start of Fourth Quarter - Classes Resume
- 4 - Pizza Hut
- 12 - 4th General PTA Meeting 7:00pm
- 15 - Best Choice, Box Tops, Campbell's, Coke Rewards & Tyson Collection Deadline.
- 29 - Coffee with Kris -- 9:00 am
Notes from the Lunchroom
- Please send lunch money in an envelope with your child's name and classroom teacher especially if you are sending cash.
- If you would like to eat lunch with your child just give us a call in the morning by 9:00 and we can order a school lunch for you. Of course, you are always welcome to bring something else to eat.
- Lunch prices--$2.25 student/$3.45 adult/$.50 extra milk/juice.
- If you have more than one child at SE, please be specific about how much money should be applied to each child's account. Please include teachers name as well. Thank you!
- Please report absences by 9:00 am at 913-667-6279
- Report absences online at http://bit.ly/1PtJPle
- Extended absence form: If you will be taking your child out of school for more than 3 days, you will need to fill out an extended absence form. You're child's teacher and Mrs. Meyer will sign the form. Please give your child's teacher plenty of notice to get homework together.
- Early pick-ups If you will be picking your child up early, please let us know as soon as possible. We will let the teacher know and will call your child to the office as soon as you arrive.
- If possible, please pick your child up no later than 3:35. After 3:35, the teachers are getting ready for dismissal and it can get very hectic.
A reminder about morning drop-off times
Counselor Crow's Community Service Day!
Thank you to all of the students, parents, and family members who helped to make the 2016 Community Service Day a success. Participants made snacks, blankets and cards for Ronald McDonald House, Project Linus, and Hillside Village of De Soto residents. They also wrote over 50 letters for active duty military personnel. Thanks again for all your hard work.
We will be having another community service day on Saturday, March 26th. Mark your calendars! More details to follow.
Ronald McDonald House Pop Tab Drive Update-We are now at 12.6 pounds! Keep bringing in those tabs so we can reach our goal of 75 pounds
Starside Elementary Counselor
De Soto High School Dance Coach
(913) 667-6270 ext. 4547