Vol. 3 Issue. 6
WEEK OF: March 6-10
Women's History Month, March 1, -March 31!
Professional Development Day for Teachers and Staff!
State of the School
- Date/time: Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 12:00pm
- Location: Virtual (On-line)
- Information: We will discuss the Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP), 21-22 school data, and Maryland Report Card.
- Presentation will be recorded and uploaded to our website
- Question and Answer document will be shared (Zoom and Dojo)
- Please use this link to register.
Black History Month Celebration
Location: Cesar Chavez Multipurpose room
Information: Students will celebrate the contributions of African Americans to the world.
- PGCPS utilizes three grading categories (Classwork, Independent, Assessments), which carry different weights (ex. Class work 35%, Independent 10%, Assessments 55%) that contribute to students grades.
- Please monitor your child's grades on a weekly basis.
- Contact teachers if you have any questions or concerns.
Health and Well-Being
If your child exhibits any of the following symptoms, that you keep them home and notify their teacher.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Mental Health Day.
Students may receive an excused absence (1 day) each semester of each each school year for a student's mental health needs. A note from a physician to excuse a student's absence for mental health needs is not required. Please be mindful that students will still be responsible for completing the assignments missed for the Mental Health day upon their return.
Through a partnership with the Prince George’s County Health Department and Hazel Health, free healthcare services in schools. When students aren’t feeling well at school, the school nurse can now initiate a telehealth visit with a pediatric provider within minutes.
Parents will also be able to access Hazel free of charge Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. if their child becomes ill at home.
In November, the service will include elementary schools, and will also include mental health teletherapy. Be sure to sign the student access form so your child can access these health benefits. There will be a Hazel access button soon on school websites. https://my.hazel.co/pgcps/info
Attendance and On-time Arrival
- Please make sure students are present everyday unless they are sick
- Students will be marked tardy after 8:50 am.
- If your child is absent from school, a written notification or email must be submitted within three days of students return.
- Early dismissal ends at 2:00pm. Students will remain in class until your arrival to sign them out.
Reusable Water Bottles
Instruction at CCDLSI!
Our 4th Grade students using manipulatives to model and solve for the least common multiple for 3, 6, 7 , and 12.
3rd Grade students are practicing their math leessons.
Parent Engagement Assistant (PEA)
New! Parent-Teacher Conference Guide
Parent-Teacher Conferences are just around the corner! Maximize the home and school connection with a new guide offering practical tips and best practices on how to make the most of conferences. There is also a guide for parents!
The PGCML https://ww1.pgcmls.info/
For general questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 240 455 54
- TutorMe is an online tutoring program that will enable all PGCPS students to connect with an online tutor in less than 30 seconds, 24/7. Students can get help with a single problem or participate in a 2-hour lesson. The virtual tutoring space features a virtual whiteboard, text editor, audio/video chat, screen sharing, and more. All lessons are archived and students will be able to get help in over 300 subjects.
- Each PGCPS student is approved for 2 hours of tutoring per week, tutors are available 24 hours per day
- Students can access TutorMe through Clever
- Online Math Tutoring Available for all students in grades 3-12
- Provide students with virtual, 1-on-1, on-demand or drop-in tutoring. All at no cost to families!
PTO Monthly Meeting
Join the PTO, Thursday, March 16, 2023, for a fundraiser with Pizzeria Paradiso (4800 Rhode Island Avenue, Hyattsville, MD 20781).
10% of the proceeds will go to the PTO in support of our school.
Have a Pizza Party with your César Chavez Friends!
Please join us on Thursday, April 13, 2023 for our monthly meeting.
All meetings are at 6:30-7:30p.m. on zoom
Meeting ID: 823 0059 4478
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82300594478#,,,,*546724# US (Washington DC
End of the Year Grade Level Expectations
Please take a moment to review your child's end of the year grade level expectations. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.
- March. 6, Professional Development-Schools Closed for Students.
- March. 9, State Of The School (Zoom link and time will be shared on the next's week Roar)
School Contact Information
Assistant Principal: email@example.com
Academic Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Coordinator: email@example.com
ESOL/Testing Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Coordinator: email@example.com
Talented and Gifted Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org