PRIDE OF THE TRIBE
Week of August 19
Teacher Brag Board
"A parent of a new student coming from Georgia called today to ask a question, and she mentioned that the entire Sanger staff has been awesome - her student loves SHS!"
~Liz Freeman, Counselor
"Our janitor, Donnie, goes above and beyond. When I was working late the other night, he saw my light on, stopped in to make sure I was okay and check if I needed anything. He showed true concern and care for a co-worker!"
~Beth Sullivan, English
This six weeks we are focused on self-worth, taking what you need and getting rid of the negative!
- JC Pohl will be presenting Teen's Truth. Teen's Truth is designed to focus on bullying, teen suicide, and social-emotional issues in their tracks.
- Have your students check out the bulletin board in the Commons for music that motivates you!
- Teacher 2-2-2 Challenge!
A NEW INITIATIVE BEGINS THIS WEEK
- 2 at-risk students
- 2 minute conversations each week for six weeks
- 2 postcards - one to the student and one to the parent praising specific effort or attitude
All staff are expected to participate!
Nuts & Bolts
- Admin will begin spot-checking for classroom "must haves" - grad profile, social contract, classroom rules, school-wide rules, emergency map, teacher wall plate.
- Please get your voicemail set up. We will begin checking on Friday.
- Safety Update - Door glass must not be covered but have a cover ready; doors to remain locked - use magnetic eraser to prop door, no doorstops. Ask Drew for a magnetic eraser.
- SISD Compliance videos MUST be completed before September 6th. Turn in grade sheet to Nicki.
- T-TESS Goal Setting and Part I MUST be completed by September 29th. This is completed in DMAC.
- Lesson Plans - Lesson plans are an EXPECTATION and must be updated Fridays at 4:00pm. Admin will begin contacting those who are not meeting this expectation.
- CTE/Elective Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Fire Drill during Tribe Time
- Math/Science Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Bad Weather Drill during Tribe Time
- Volleyball vs Lake Dallas @ SHS, 5pm
- English/SS Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Lockdown during Tribe Time
- Faculty Meeting in lecture hall @ 7:45am
- Student Needs Assessment Survey during Tribe Time
- Collect assembly permission slips
- Football Scrimmage @ Pilot Point F/JV @ 5:00, V @ 6:30pm
- Learning and Assessment Calendars Due (you would have received an email)
- JC Pohl Suicide Prevention Assembly (9th & 10th @ 8:30am ; 11th & 12th @ 10:05am)
- Volleyball vs Ponder @ SHS, 5:00pm
- XC Meet @ Greenhill Relays, 8:30am
TRIBE TIME - THURSDAY, AUGUST 22nd
(Teacher Script & Directions below.)