Cone Health Alamance Regional
November - December 2015
- Vocational Rehabilitation discussed guardianship and VR's role in Project SEARCH
- Cape Fear Vocational Services talked with families about gathering information on Medicaid to assist in the planning of job development and long term follow up
- Brenda from VR discussed SSI/SSDI benefits
- Each Intern shared photos and gave a brief presentation on what they had done since August at ARMC
Field Trip & Lunch
The Interns took a took a tour here.
We have a former Project SEARCH Intern (Tyson Haith) employed here.
After the tour the Interns had a great time ordering and socializing while at lunch.
Baby Shower for Breten Chrismon (Business Liasion)
- November 24th - Last day of First Internship
- December 7th - First day of Second Internship
- Richad (Special Care Nursery & Supply Chain)
- Maya (Dining & Environmental Services)
- Juana (Doctor's Lounge, Emergency Room & Interpreter Services)
- Luke (Ultrasound & Radiology)
- Cheyenne (Environmental Services & Doctor's Lounge)
- Brenda (Cardiology Special Recovery)
- Gabbi (Emergency Room Flex)
- Lucas (Same Day Surgery- Mon-Thurs, Environmental Services and Volunteer Services on Friday)
EC Parent Conference: On Saturday, November 7th from 10-1 the Interns volunteered at Highland Elementary to help out at the 2nd Annual EC Parent Conference. They assisted elementary children with games and crafts while their parents attended the conference.
Canned Food Drive: During the week of November 16th-20th the Interns collected canned goods outside of the cafeteria. We also partnered with the ARMC Day Care off of Kirkpatrick Rd. On Saturday, November 21st, we delivered approximately 400 lbs of food to SAFE (Southern Alamance Family Empowerment) program. At SAFE on November 21st - Gabbi, her father and Mrs. Wooten assisted with packing Thanksgiving Boxes to be given out on November 24 to the community.
Spreading the Word!
Manager's Meeting - October 28th
Lucas McIntyre assisted Mrs. Wooten in presenting on Project SEARCH to the managers of the hospital. He did a great job speaking without his notes. He made Mrs. Wooten very proud of him.
NCRA/NCATP The GREAT Conference - November 5th
The Interns joined Linda Emery in Raleigh to speak about their experiences at Project SEARCH. All of the interns spoke at the conference and Alamance County was well represented. Interns interacted with questions to and from the audience with great confidence.
Leadership Alamance Presentation -November 12th
- Continuing the Suicide Prevention Kits packaging project. We are making 500 a month for Cone Health
- Developing Resumes for Job Development opportunities starting in January
- Planning a field trip to another local business and using ACTA transportation system to travel
B.A.C. - Business Advisory Council
We had a productive BAC meeting on October 27th. We had a great discussion on developing a support system for Project SEARCH in the employment community. We had representatives from the following agencies:
City Manager - City Of Graham
Cone Health - Human Resources
Employee Partnership Specialist
· December 18: Christmas Party with Interns and ARMC Staff Christmas Party, BAC Meeting
· January 15: NC State Meeting for Project SEARCH (9 current programs)
· January 18-19: Holiday and Teacher Workday
· January 21: Steering Committee Meeting
· January 26: Project SEARCH interest meeting for 2016-2017 Interns
· February 10: Teacher Workday
· February 23: BAC Meeting 12-1pm
· February 25: Steering Committee Meeting 4-5pm
· February 26 : Early Release Day at 12:30pm
· February 29: PS Applications for 16-17 Due
· March 4: 2nd Internship ends
· March 7-11: Class Week