Meet Ms. Thompson
Professional School Counselor - Ron Clark Academy
Who is Ms. T?
I am originally from Chicago and have lived in Atlanta since 2006. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Operations and Information Systems Management from Northern Illinois University. I worked in a corporate environment for 5 years before switching my career to follow my passion for helping students reach high levels academically while being emotionally balanced. To pursue this passion, I earned my Master of Education and Specialist of Education degrees in School Counseling from Georgia State University.
My counseling philosophy is rooted in understanding the story of each student. A child’s academic environment can be affected by their home life and their adult/peer relationships. It is necessary to understand all aspects in order to assist in a child’s growth.
Counseling Services - What can I offer?
- Individual Student Counseling is available for students during the school day, preferably lunch time.
- Referrals can be made by teachers/staff, administrators, parents/guardians and students.
- Small Group Counseling will be offered to students who are referred by teachers, administrators and/or parents. This is based on need and requires parental consent.
- Small group topics can include but are not limited to: Life Changes & Grief, Transition/Adjustment, Organization, or Self-Esteem
- Counseling Curriculum occurs when the counselor is scheduled to enter the classroom and conducts large group sessions.
- Topics can include but are not limited to: Bullying, Teamwork, and Career Interest
I may also invite guest speakers to arrange activities that may cover other topics to provide additional support in the areas of Internet Safety, Hygiene, etc.
- Individual and Group Counseling sessions are kept confidential; however, an adult will be notified when students disclose that they are hurt, they want to hurt someone else, or their environment is not safe.
Parents/Guardians may need help too!
Counselors are also available for Parent Consultation to assist parents with any concerns regarding their child(ren). Please make an appointment.
Scan the code below with a QR Code Reader or Click the link here!