Regional School District No. 6
Principal's Message for September 10, 2015
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
I have received very positive feedback regarding the new e-blast format. This week, you will notice links to flyers directly below the Principal's message. If you have any further suggestions for improvement, please let me know.
With full support from the Superintendent and the Board of Education, our students are being provided with educational opportunities that promote a love for learning. Teachers are designing learning experiences using resources that promote high levels of engagement. For example, each student in grades 3-6 has a Chromebook computer assigned to them. Pk-2 students have access to iPads. This technology allows students to have more choice and voice in pursuing their learning interests. Additionally, the district's revised homework policy allows teachers to personalize learning experiences outside of the classroom so that students can build upon their strengths and areas of interest. These opportunities personalize learning for our students. I look forward to sharing more examples of student-centered learning with you as the year progresses.
Please note the following:
- Our annual BOOK BLAST & BARBECUE will take place THIS EVENING (9/10/15) from 5:00PM to 7:00PM at Wamogo.
- The FOWS annual Warren School CARNIVAL is this Saturday, September 12th, from 4:00PM to 6:00PM.
- Warren School OPEN HOUSE is Tuesday, September 15th, from 6:30PM to 8:00PM. A brief presentation and introductions will take place at 6:30 in the gymnasium.
- The 14th Annual Warren School HARVEST LUNCHEON is Monday, September 21st. Click on the link below this message to sign up.
- Warren SCHOOL PHOTOS are Tuesday, September 22nd. Click on the link below this message for more information.
- Principal/Parent Coffee Hour on Thursday, September 24th at 6:30 PM. You are invited to meet with me for coffee (decaf will be available!) and conversation. We will review and discuss the Warren School Vision and goals for 2015-2016, as well as any other topics that may be of interest.
Please contact me at any time with questions, comments or concerns.